Rust Wipe with earthquake

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by GLasiore, Jul 4, 2017.

1. So with new C4 affects, your screen is shaking in game. The administrator will enter a chat command. "/wipe 60" after 60 seconds every single player's screen will start shaking like C4 explotion and buildings will be destroyed, players will be dead, items on ground will disappear. So we will be wiped our servers without deleting files.

+ for hard modded servers like my server, you can add some chat command triggers or console command triggers like " /kit resetdata" or "kits.resetdata" (Absolut can add a console command for reseting kits data I believe".

+ even u can add metoors to make it more apocalyptic

2. Would be really cool. Only thing I worry about is the extreme amount of lag. I'd imagine explosives are pretty intensive (clientside: the gfx fx and and building parts being destroyed, serverside: the damaing/destroying of building parts). I'm not sure how this would look or pan out if you had 200k+ entities to destroy.

Otherwise, a really nice idea. I might have to get a copy of a high pop map and play around with how feasible this is :)

3. I have got a map with 250k entities , I can copy it if u want to make some test :D @PsychoTea

4. You might have to hook me up over the weekend and I'll see what I can do :)

5. another problem i see is that the screen shaking is handled client side.

6. You could achieve that easily. It's still triggered by serverside events (eg C4 explosion).

7. true, worth a try :)

8. is this possbile to have it make damage to building with a earthquake nothing that will make them fall just something like a decay damage scale when it happens