Solved Wipe map only

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by Danish Noobie., Aug 20, 2015.

1. Hello.

I'm just writing here to be 100% sure when i wipe the server later.

When i delete the stuff in the save folder on my server, will it only wipe the map or the blueprints aswell?

I want only a map wipe and a new generated map (other map), how will i do that?

I know it's probaly a stupid question, but somehow i've managed to wipe the blueprints aswell for that past 2 weeks :-D

Kind regards,
    Emil

2. Setting it to load a new map removes everything I am not sure if you can transfer BP over to a new map might cause problems but will see what others post

3. I usually just delete the save folder in my server directory
    steamapps\common\rust_dedicated\server\Server <- my directory

Blueprints can carry over to other maps, i typically just make a whole new rust folder everytime to avoid errors and it gives me a fresh start, i just transfer over the oxide folder after oxide is released so there is no problems.

----------------------------------------------------------------

To keep blueprints, just keep the two .db files, and edit your start.bat and edit the map line, a whole new map will generate keeping BP's. BP's only wipe if you delete UserPersistence.db

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
  4. Thank you! Much apreciated! So basically i'll just delete the saves folder. Don't know about the generate new map though. My host is FPSplayers. Guess i'll have to ask them about it :)

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Generally it's just a matter of changing the map size or seed if you want something that looks different, else just deleting the old via FTP or file manager.

6. The map is a seed, you get the maps from http://www.playrusthq.com/map-gallery

Change seed, worldsize and a new world generates

On dedicated is in the start.bat file, but you will need to contact FPS most likely, or get the start.bat via FTP and edit accordingly

7. Be sure that when you change your map and seed you delete teleportation data file. Else players could teleport into the ocean when they want to go home.

Changing the map and seed however do not delete blueprint data.

One of the other common things is clearing the storage.db file. Helps a bit on performance after changing the map.

8. Quick question whats in the storage.db and where is it location I could look for it myself but this will save time and you said clear the file do you mean delete it

9. Easier way to say it is... Everything but blueprints.

10. Try this map http://oxidemod.org/threads/found-a-nice-map.11130

11. I have a server that I use just to generate different map seeds. It works just doing that. I dont leave it run anymore but damn its nice to have handy. I have a few images @ rustrd.com/wipe

They are 4500's which seem to restart nicely.

12. I basically deleted the stuff in the save folder. Blueprints still got wiped...... There was 9 files called like: 1.sav, 2.sav and so on, the blueprints could be in one of them i guess...

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

All blueprints are stored under UserPersistence.db, not the .sav files.

14. Wow that's weird that the BP's got wiped aswell then :-o

15. Are you sure it is the UserPersistence.db? :)

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, it hasn't changed in many months.

17. Wolf, a big ddos wave did something wrong on my server. All BP are fucked....

I have a persistence.db.old and a new one less .old.

At each time i try to rename the old in normal .db, a new file is created .db.new and it don't use my old file...

I tried to rename my old in .new but same result, it don't use my old file

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Most likely the format doesn't match, probably from one of the Rust updates.

19. It appens yesterday night.

I didn't did update since :\
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452533770][/DOUBLEPOST]Look, the file was created yesterday night...

old.jpg
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452535560][/DOUBLEPOST]You don't have any idea Wulf...? :(

20. This also was my first time trying to save the blueprints, but facepunch wiped everything and because of this it is not possible to use the old userpersistance again.