1. Will installing Oxide 2 on experimental server move my server into the Modded section?

Thanks in advance

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, Oxide 2 is a mod.

3. what he said ^ :) welcome to the oxide 2 master race!

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's open source, instructions are on the readme on the GitHub repo. Recompiling isn't even needed to remove it, but either way is not supported here.

5. I don't know and I consider that lying, like the russians making servers saying there are 100 people in it but they redirect you to an empty server which they fixed.

6. Lucky admin knows what he's talking about.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oh I still consider it deceptive, as the Modded tab is there for modded servers. Community servers are meant to now be modded. ;)

8. Found it in a DLL, thank you.

Admins only have spectate, which is extremely bugged.

Precisely: Oxide.Ext.Rust.dll

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I have no idea what you are talking about with spectate.

10. I want to always show in the community tab. I want to install oxide to install some extra admin tools such as the inventory viewer. Is this possible?

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It is modded as you are using a mod. There are many threads that discuss and answer this as well, please search.

12. Sorry about that. New to this forum/rust server thing. Is there any other way of installing extra admin features without modding it? Also, i've seen quite a few community servers running mods.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Aside from using external tools such as Rusty, no. Generally falsifying information in the server list results in bring blacklisted as well.

14. You must distinguish between the user mods and and server side mods. If you install oxide you are only modding your server, your players can still use normal, official rust client. If you only install admin plugins and don't tell your players they won't know the difference.

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your server would still modded though, which may lead to your server being blacklisted by Facepunch if deemed.

16. The problem there is i'll show in "modded" and ppl joining will be expecting mods.

17. Hold on, blacklisted if you try to pass it as an unmodified server right? We do not have to actually report that we are running mods anywhere right :)?

18. Yes, if your server is modded but you've modified the server tags to show up in the community servers list you risk having your server blacklisted.

19. Is there any way to make my server official?