1. Is there a flat file for all groups and permissions that we can manually edit? I can't seem to find it...

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, the permission files are not meant to be manually edited. Oxide provides commands that you can use in your in-game chat.

3. I am going to start learning your oxide so I can write my own plugins, currently does the oxide support plugins directly editing permissions? If so I could start writing a permission manager.

Personally managing permissions only in game is confusing and not efficient. You need to be able to easily see everything in a database or flat file. This allows for a quicker and easy setup with less room for error. Typing the same command over and over again takes to much time. :-/

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You shouldn't be editing the permissions directly via plugins. If anything, you would use the API to control them, but I would leave it up to Oxide.

Normally there are console commands which can be used via the server console, but those haven't been added for Hurtworld yet. The permission files were moved to .data files to prevent errors caused by users directly editing them.

We'll eventually have a better means of managing them (hopefully a web-based panel for this and other purposes), but for now we provide commands. For those using Oxide's server console, it provides command history, which you'll be able to use once we add the console commands for Hurtworld.

5. Then if this is the case how do I view all the permissions that have been assigned to each group?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

/show group groupname

7. I will give this a try first, thanks