1. I have recently purchased a Rust Experimental Server from playrust.eu and I am unable to set the server as mine

I attempted to set myself as the owner using

ownerid 76561198069981408 "GNSC4"
    server.writecfg

and it gives no response i'm unaware if it is intended to or not... but for sure it should update the user.cfg file but does not the file like it should...(it is blank) I can't seem to get it to work for me and I am doing exactly as I am being instructed by Wulf... please let me know what I can do to fix this and get my account as an admin.

Thanks for your time
    Christopher Ebling

2. Are you using the in-game console to achieve this or are you connecting to the server with an RCon client and executing the command in that?

3. in game console

4. That will be the issue, you'll have to connect remotely to the server using a RCon client, you should be able to find a few on the forums here.
    Just use one of those to connect to your server and type the command in there and it should execute it and add you to the users file as owner.

5. I also seem to be unable to connect to my server via Rusty says no connection

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can use the server console directly, but not the in-game console.
    There is a special build of Rusty you have to use. The details should be in its thread.

7. so I used the right one and it didn't work

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

In-game console is not the server console.

9. no I mean I used the correct Rusty and still can not get it to connect to my server[DOUBLEPOST=1414466240][/DOUBLEPOST]currently using version 1.42 and also tried 2.4.9 neither work to access my server both return no connection... I will send you the information provided to me by playrust.eu and you can tell me if I'm entering something wrong?[DOUBLEPOST=1414466397][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, I sent it to you in private message[DOUBLEPOST=1414475346,1414466025][/DOUBLEPOST]if anyone else has a theory feel free to reply aswell this is not limited to Wulf :p :D

10. I did it this way:
    Go to : \Release\server\my_server_identity\cfg\
    make a file named users.cfg
    put in this Text.
    ownerid 76561198069981408 GNSC4
    restart server.
    If you connect you are automatic Admin !