1. hello !

the thing is, i added the ports, 28015, 28016, i did port forward with my router IP address, but still, cant connect, invalid IP address when logging to my server, change the .bat file instead of 0.0.0.0 in server.ip to my router IP and im getting errors that it could not run it on the IP and port. NEED HELPPPPP.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you are hosting behind a router, you cannot bind to your router's IP. You need to either not set the +server.ip, or set it to 0.0.0.0 or your LAN IP of that machine, not an IP address it doesn't have assigned to it. When forwarding ports on your router, make sure the LAN IP matches the machine hosting the server, and that you are forwarding UDP traffic, not TCP.

3. omg it works bro thanks so much :3

also, i need to portforward with ipv4 or ipv6??

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2017
  4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Whatever you have setup for your network, but generally IPv4.

5. i want to connect to my server, i port forwarded, and all the stuff, but i dont know my server IP address ! it is not working with my public IP address, what should i do??
    it also doing for me this:
    127.0.0.1:49381/76561198375103054/supreme kicked: Steam Auth Failed
    Saved 42,245 ents, serialization(0.00), write(0.01), disk(0.00) totalstall(0.01).

i have Motorola router
    [DOUBLEPOST=1490229114][/DOUBLEPOST]
    with what i port forward? 127.0.0.1?

my router ip address

the ip address from whatismyip

or what? please im impatient...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2017
  6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Steam Auth failed means either your client isn't logged into Steam, or your server is having trouble authorizing them with Steam.

7. how do i fix it? the server is running, i dont know the ip, but its running, i dont have issues, steam is running, maybe because the steam account is not verified? need help !

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Make sure you are logged into Steam still, and try another server too.

9. i tried other server, works, when i log to mine, i get the error, also, what ip address can i use to connect to my server without using:
    client.connect localhost:28015

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you are local to the server, you should be using that. For others to connect, you can use your public IP address that is assigned to your router, which you can find with a Google search or a site such as www.ipcow.com.

11. i dont know why, buts that not working, by the way, im getting kicked because of Steam Auth Fail, im logged in into steam, when i connect to other servers its works, i have very good specs also.. there is should be no problem..

specs:

i7 6700k skylake
    gtx 1080
    msi motherboard
    32 GB ram

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Have you tried rebooting the server?

13. yea ;(