1. Getting the same issues here. I also have sign artist and removing it does nothing, nor does restarting server, nor does removing notifier.
    Also i read on another thread it could be the storage.db file. it was 350mb! so i deleted it. still error messages but the lag appears to have abated at least for the moment, still getting errors in console, the same as before.
    It was almost all sv_request file before now after that wipe of the storage.db file. now it updateimage timewarning error now instead,still sv_request file error but nowhere near as much.

If i find anything else out i will report back. perhaps the oxide/plugin developers could take some time to look into this for us too. would help if someone who knows about oxide, helped us.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
  2. Just a note, I think you'll need to find some way to delete all existing signs if it's a Sign Artist issue.....

3. Help me with this error:

Code:
    TimeWarning: rpc_openloot took 0.08 seconds (75ms)
    2-3 hours after starting the server starts to appear very often

4. you mean the signs themselves rather than the pictures on them?

5. I mean the pictures..... Removing Sign Artist will not remove the pictures that have already been uploaded. It's not players sending images to the server that's the problem, it's the server sending images to other players that seem to be the choke up. I'll need to review the code, I have a feeling the size limit defined in the config is not respected... either that or Rust is really bad at sending 2k files.. that's nothing, it shouldn't take 200-800 milliseconds!

6. This happens when someone opens a rad town crate..... no idea what causes it though.

7. Hmmm its possible, but anyone know where are saved pictures now?
    Before update they were in storage>PNG, but they changed it. For be sure we can do a save server and delete all pictures, but we need to know where they are.

8. I'm being spammed and my RCON tool crashed bc of this shit.

9. I found out that MoegicBox causes this issue, probably Salvager too. There might be other mods that do as well, but fixing Moegic on my server completely removed this warning. I'll update tonight! Salvager is deprecated though will not update (you can look at the change in MoegicBox and do the same in Salvager though I guess it's just one line).

10. They are now in storedData.db or whatever....... Not sure how easily we can extract them. I assume though a plugin could loop through existing signs and check for image size. The default max size for SignArtist is 2 megs which apparently is too much for Rust to handle properly. Ideally, the plugin should shrink images down to smaller size instead of having a hard limit.. Just reduce the quality so the file is like 300k max and it should still look ok and reduce this problem.

I'm pretty sure this problem has been around for a long time but that facepunch added lots of time checks in the latest updates, just highlighting this problem that's been there all along. 2 megs might seem small but if a guy approaches a base that has 100 of these 2 megs signs, that's a lot for a server to upload in ONE server cycle... and that's what's happening from what I see in the logs.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440388047][/DOUBLEPOST]So I've been investigating those TimeWarning errors........ rpc_openloot one turned out to be MoegicBox (or Salvager) on my server, I fixed MoegicBox and posted a new version that fixes this. I still have lots of messages poping, trying to identify what causes them.

Code:
    TimeWarning: dothrow took 0.15 seconds (148ms)
    TimeWarning: dothrow took 0.14 seconds (141ms)
    TimeWarning: dothrow took 0.14 seconds (139ms)
    TimeWarning: dothrow took 0.15 seconds (147ms)
    TimeWarning: dothrow took 0.14 seconds (143ms)
    TimeWarning: imageupdate took 0.05 seconds (54ms)
    TimeWarning: onprojectileattack took 0.07 seconds (65ms)
    TimeWarning: itemcmd took 0.07 seconds (69ms)
    TimeWarning: onprojectileattack took 0.06 seconds (61ms)
    TimeWarning: onprojectileattack took 0.06 seconds (57ms)
    TimeWarning: onprojectileattack took 0.06 seconds (56ms)
    TimeWarning: onprojectileattack took 0.07 seconds (73ms)
    TimeWarning: playerattack took 0.06 seconds (62ms)
    TimeWarning: playerattack took 0.05 seconds (54ms)
    TimeWarning: onprojectileattack took 0.07 seconds (67ms)
    TimeWarning: playerattack took 0.07 seconds (67ms)
    I narrowed down the "itemcmd" one to be when a player (any) drops objects from his inventory. This happens whether he uses the "drop" button or just drags stuff outside the box. I checked at all my mods to try and find a culprit for this time and I couldn't find anything.

The "onprojectileattack" seems to happen when players shoot at buildings... couldn't find a mod that's culprit for that either even though I had lots of contenders. I added time checks in all "OnPlayerAttack" and "OnEntityTakeDamage" configured to pop if the command takes more than 10 ms and nothing is popping in the logs.

dothrow seems linked to c4 use.... again, I have nothing in my plugins that would munch any time on this one.

"playerattack" I assume are melee attacks on buildings... again, no plugin should cause this from what I could find.....
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440392454,1440381872][/DOUBLEPOST]More on this! "playerattack" triggers when I kill an animal on my server (any and all of them). It doesn't trigger for each hit, but does trigger when they actually die. I unloaded ALL plugins and tried killing an animal and still get this warning. Same for dropping stuff outside of my inventory.......

So it appears the issue is either with Oxide or Rust itself, or perhaps my server's capacity to deal with this shit. I'll contact my game host and see if the mutualized server I'm on is overloaded or something.

11. My server console keeps spamming with this..

Code:
    TimeWarning: AIHandler.Cycle took 0.60 seconds (600ms)
    TimeWarning: AIHandler.Cycle took 0.67 seconds (671ms)
    TimeWarning: AIHandler.Cycle took 0.52 seconds (524ms)
    TimeWarning: AIHandler.Cycle took 0.67 seconds (668ms)
    TimeWarning: AIHandler.Cycle took 0.52 seconds (525ms)
    TimeWarning: AIHandler.Cycle took 0.53 seconds (529ms)
    TimeWarning: clproject took 0.32 seconds (319ms)
    TimeWarning: Net.sv.Cycle took 3.11 seconds (3114ms)
    TimeWarning: AIHandler.Cycle took 0.59 seconds (593ms)
    TimeWarning: AIHandler.Cycle took 0.51 seconds (507ms)
    TimeWarning: AIHandler.Cycle took 0.54 seconds (541ms)
    Whats the issue here I've never seen it before like it is now.

12. You using Cornucopia? What are the animal counts? I know since last patch my server performance degrades over time and I need to reboot once a day otherwise all actions are delayed by like 1-2 seconds.

13. Ye I figured it was the animals. server is fine now it was my fault setting wolfs and bears to 250 each minimum lol. also figured the server doesnt really need it but only to dump how many and purge on timedexecute every now and again.

14. It's not just the animals. It's *everything*. High object counts (200k+) plus 100+ players + raiding, shooting, etc. = time delays. I've noticed it's a recurring theme, and my players begin to complain of freezing / rubberbanding the longer a wipe progresses.

Server optimization has come a long way, but it's still not possible for our server to go longer than a week without wiping. 125+ population most nights.

15. How did you fix MoegicBox?

16. I was casting an entity with the keyword "as" and I changed it for a call to .GetComponent<xxxx>.. I really don't understand how it could cause a 60-80 ms delay but this fixed it.

I really have a feeling these are ultimately Rust issues more than anything... I get these time warnings on a ton of stuff and it looks very random and generalized.

I have another call in MoegicBox thats hanging for a full half second now when people try to dmg a box.. Its just a dictionary check, there ilterally is nothing going on in there that can explain such a delay

17. my server is spamming Time Warning Messages is this a problem does it cause lag? Can someone help me about that?

[​IMG]

Ty,

18. You need to update your plugins as I see your death notes is out of date Version 3.1.31 is the latest so yours is very out of date

19. I did But Same :(

20. Simply just ignore it...