Terrible server lag

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by 1MA, Sep 27, 2014.

1. 1MA

1MA

Hi There -

I run a fairly populated server (90-100/peak per day) and I seem to have a massive lag spike every hour that literally freezes the game for 45 seconds. I'm at my wits end to try and sort this problem out.

I'm new-ish to Rust server hosting and therefore I don't have the knowledge to sort it out myself (and thus the reason I've come here).

Here is a complete list of plugins I use, does anyone have any experience with this?

Moreover, here is the server.cfg

Lastly, important to note that the CPU % is always around 5-7% Maximum but normally idling around 2% and RAM usage is okay also.

2. I know @Reneb uses quite a lot of timer in some of his plugins, possibly one of his plugins is set to check all players/objects every hour?

3. if you have anti wall loot you should remove who-looted, no real use.
    who -looted has a huge database, it could make lags.
    as for the huge lags, maybe it's the server saving? did you check if it occurs when the server saves?
    cause last wipe i have a 15seconds server save ... so 15secs where no one could move or do shit! (normally they are every 10mins, i made it 1h ... and now i just limited the structures XD)
    as for the rest of my plugins i don't think they could make lags every 1h
    it's either who-looted, or your server saving the world (or another plugin that i didn't make ;p)

4. 1MA

1MA

Hi Reneb & Domestos -

Thanks for your reply.

Currently I have save.autosavetime set to 600 Seconds (or 10 minutes) but the lag seems to come once an hour.

I will try your suggestion of the who-looted, see if that helps.

Side note - is save.autosavetime the best way to save the world? I had a server crash two days ago and I lost around 20 hours of backup (I don't know why), so when it crashed, any players work in the previous 20 hours was gone. It was the latest backup as well, so I don't even know why it did that.