Universal TeamSpeak name validation

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by NavyChief, Mar 12, 2017.

1. I think a mod that would somehow validate the players on the game with the ppl in the team speak server an admin offers would be nice. It could be created for TS or other VOIP providers that somehow will warn or if configed this way kick someone off teamspeak if there nick does not match the one on the server. There could also be cross reference config file that allows the admin to add nicks to it and then the teamspeak equivalent for players where the nicks are not the same and even allow it to use wildcards so for example JeScintilly1969 is on my server but we would crossref that to *Scintilly* to allow him to have JAScintilly2000 as well.

Anyone out there willing to try this out???

2. How would you link the players and the people in TeamSpeak?

3. BY the nicknames as I stated.... takes the player list from in game and checks to see if that player name or nick (or cross ref name from file in game) exists in TS and then if it does not, kicks them.

4. Ah, didn't realize you wanted to kick randoms, just thought you wanted players to have the same name in TS.

5. command:
    /ts3 <name in ts3>

Then in a db or json you have asociated your STEAMID with your Selected Name.

There is an API on Teamspeak for this, im sure, will be a very nice plugin indeed.

6. Let me be clear I mean kicks them from Team Speak.... my point here is that people will find out you have a TS server and use it whenever they choose -- even if they are NOT playing on your server.

7. I think it's possible to listen to chat of teamspeak, and have people authorize themselves using their steam id. It's possible.

8. The TeamSpeakSDK is paid on a per project basis, you can request a quote however it's not publicly available.

9. Found out last night SDK comes with a trial

10. However, that's not even needed, You can just use your client to get the chat data.

11. That wouldn't be automatic which is the point of this.

12. Oh sorry, I'm more of a simplistic guy of doing things, since I'm capable of self hosting. In my case, I would probably go along the same procedures, but don't mind me. I never even worked with teamspeak, since I never use it.