1. Hello everyone, can someone explain me about this two commands, now on my server I got targetfps "80" and loadbalancerframebudget "5000", I don't know ifs it good or not. @Wulf
    [DOUBLEPOST=1499034176][/DOUBLEPOST]I have this now
    FPS: 80.65 (83.49 - 77.65)
    Load balancer cycle rate: 83.33

Server is empty

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2017
  2. As long as the cycle rate is above 1.0, you're good.
    But as soon as you get a lot players on the server, it will drop down.

On my server i also have the targetfps on 80.
    And i got my loadbalancerframebudget at 100, which is standard.
    All Hurtworld official servers also got their loadbalancerframebudget at 100.
    5k is a little bit to crazy, you will have issues with that, for example all machines won't load.

3. But dev said we can increase it to 10k, or something

4. If the devs said that, sure go and try it out.
    But i would recommend loadbalancerframebudget 100.
    I'm also running this on my server, and the devs showed me that they're using those settings.

5. I have put a fairly detailed description of loadbalancerframebudget in Console Commands - Official Hurtworld Wiki

I am not a developer but I have tested this setting thoroughly, with maximum players of 50. But also note I use a modded map and I have increased the number of AI. Your results may vary depending on host and hardware. Everything should load fine up to the maximum value I have put in there, assuming the server can handle it. I found that 100 was far too low to keep the cycle rate above my preferred 1.5 once there was a lot of structures and players. If this doesn't work well for you then by all means use default.

The cycle rate is largely affected by # of players, the ping of those players, # of AI, and # of structures

TargetFPS may or may not be needed depending on your hardware. I don't use it, but it can come handy on some servers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2017