1. I successfully changed the procedural map. The rustserver script was not inserting the seed number for some reason, so I grepped a bit and added the conditionalseed variable to common.cfg.
    After I did this I started spawning under the map, in the water, as if the spawn location is both stuck (doesn't change) and is using the old map (maybe?). If I fly above the ground I can stay there, but once I die I'm back at the same spawn location under the map.

This is the only error I see:
    Couldn't find an appropriate spawnpoint for the player - so spawning at camera

Here is my RCON log:
    Command Line: "./RustDedicated" "-batchmode" "+server.ip" "10.128.0.2" "+server. - Pastebin.com

I assume there's some sort of x/y/z coordinate that's being saved, but I can't find it. I've done ./rustserver wipe and rebooted the machine. The "user" folder gets removed along with the map files. Not sure where the data for this is being cached.

Any hints?

2. You don't have the plugin underworld do you?

3. No. I have several plugins, but have deleted the live data for them all and the oxide data as well, and disabled all plugins.

I deleted the Rust server and re-installed it, cleared cache on Rust client, problem still persisted on that clean install with no plugins. Not sure what's happening here. I keep respawning in the same location, and I have a feeling the spawn coordinates are the same no matter the map. Switching maps (changing the seed) kept me from spawning underneath the map at least. Leaving as unsolved in case someone happens by a reason and fix for this. If all else fails, wipe the map and change the seed.

Update:
    Spawning at the exact same location may be because of the small map; there's only one small beach. Still not sure why it was spawning me underneath the map though.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2017
  4. This is happening to me? I spawn underground or in water... I just purchased a rust server also...