Smart Chat Bot

I send chat messages based on some triggers or time

Total Downloads: 1,856 - First Release: Apr 20, 2017 - Last Update: Jan 2, 2018

5/5, 12 likes
  1. Is there no other oppotunity to work the plugin with BetterChat?

2. Thanks for changing the file location.

Mod works well for me. It's a lot of fun too!

Feature request: Allow multiple messages responses. Allow those messages to be randomly given.

For instance, if I wanted to provide a message for the word bear, as a hypothetical example, I might use the word 'bear' to be recognized, but have 3 messages which might return:

1. Cuddly thangs aren't they?
    2. They bite, watch out!
    3. I hear they only eat berries

This might create a more dynamic bot and make the responses more interesting.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493470480][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I'd love to have an option to see the responses in the console. A player's chat message may sometimes be in response to a bot response and it'd be hard to know what it was that they were responding to if you're looking at the console.

3. It should, mine works with better chat

That fixed it, I just filled the trigger words with a long string of numbers and letters so no-one would trigger it that way

4. You can also just remove the empty blocks

Code:
     "AutomatedResponses": [
        {
          "Message": "hello there",
          "SendToServer": true,
          "TriggerMessages": [
            [
              "must",
              "say"
            ]
          ]
        },

5. Does this work fine along side Advertmessages?

6. I'm not sure what that plugin does, but if it does work could you let us know here? :)

I assume if the plugin is purely advert messages on a timer it should be fine. If anything, you could combine the timed messages into this plugin.

7. sorry if ive also missed something but the config i have is empty of all the examples on the overview page here.

Just an example. :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493487656][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Well i guess at least for now my Smart bot isnt announcing anything . This is my code

Code:
    {
      "ChatDisplayName": "<color=#00FF00>[Bot]</color>",
      "BotCooldownInSeconds": 2.0,
      "BotChatDisplaySteamId": "****************",
      "TimedMessages": [{"Message": "Press J to view stats, /clans to make a clan , /Skin to skin an existing item, /kit to view existing kits",
          "InitialCooldown": 0.0,
          "Cooldown": 3.0}],
      "AutomatedResponses": []
    }
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493488323][/DOUBLEPOST]yeah i cant even get this plug in to reload or unload. :/

8. @i_love_code Would you be able to make it so it is not case sensitive?

9. It should not be case sensitive. Are you seeing that it is?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493523212][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Please provide the result of the three requested commands on the troubleshooting section of the FAQ and Description.

10. i_love_code updated Smart Chat Bot with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1493523586][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Try the latest version.

11. any plugins needed for this to work as mine is not

12. No. Please post the result of the three troubleshooting commands listed in the FAQ for help.

13. i_love_code updated Smart Chat Bot with a new update entry:

14. not work , plugin dont load on server

15. If you want help, read the troubleshooting steps, or we can't help you. The plugin works, I guarantee it. Uploaded the version I have on my server as of a few hours ago.

16. here is what mine says:
    (23:08:42) | [Smart Chat Bot] ----------------------------------------------

(23:08:42) | [Smart Chat Bot] SmartChatBot - i_love_code

(23:08:42) | [Smart Chat Bot] ----------------------------------------------

(23:08:42) | Failed to call hook 'DebugConsoleCommand' on plugin 'SmartChatBot v1.2.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

17. Try copying the contents of the example config in the plugin description into the plugin's config file.

18. i_love_code updated Smart Chat Bot with a new update entry:

19. Can someone be kind enough to share a working json for this plugin. Maybe it's too early or maybe I am the dumb... but I am getting numerous parsing errors when I follow the examples from the overview D:

Edit -- It was just too early. I have it working now XD

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017
  20. Is it possible to have the bot look for a specific word, but not find words that also contain that same word? For example, have the bot return a message if someone says wipe, but not if they say the word swipe or wipeout.