SlackChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 195 - First Release: Jun 7, 2016 - Last Update: Jun 23, 2016

5/5, 2 likes
  1. OH NOES I FORGOT TO DO THAT.................lol yes of course i did :p

I think i had the wrong kind of webhook (Can't test at the moment) cause i had outgoing, and not incoming

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Thanks for the reporting, looking into it and testing.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you using the BetterChat plugin?

4. Hey Wulf, is this compatible with Better Chat? Should it also log chat commands from Rust Admin/Rusty?

I've set up Slack & Slack Chat with an incoming WebHook URL posting to a particular channel which exists, but not seeing anything come through.

Thanks!

EDIT: working fine, just doesn't log console chat :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2016
  5. Yes, using better chat

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm not sure why you see that, but SlackChat doesn't change the in-game chat at all, so that sounds like an issue with BetterChat.

7. any chances to make it work another direction too? so i can answer to players via corresponding slack channel, like send message as SERVER for example..

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not via a plugin, that'd require an extension.

9. An option to talk in chat from slack would be useful. I know it would require a PHP script, but surely that could be provided also? ;) For example 'chat hi!' in the slack channel would write 'hi!' in the servers chat?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It'd be better as an extension, not really ideal via a plugin or webrequests.

11. CHR

CHR

Is there a Chance that i can broadcast the complete ServerChat to Slackchannel A, but also activate the Keywords to be send additional to an other channel?

Would be like everybody can see complete Chat... in #serverchat
    And i could see a filtered Chat with Report hacker cheater ... in #abuse (privatechannel)

Thanks!

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Should be doable. :)

13. CHR

CHR

Could u explain me how? I think i have to Change the plugin?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's not possible yet... I'm saying that it's possible for me to add it.

15. CHR

CHR

Would be great if u ever get the time for it. ;) I just started with the slackintegration and it is awesome.

16. Could someone please explain what it means in the config about style being fancy. And what other options can I put for fancy.

SideNote: How do I get the server owner ribbon? Is it a rank that has to be obtained. I am a server owner.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The only actual option right now is "fancy", which would show the player's avatar and such. If you change it to anything else, it'd be a simple message without the copying of the avatar, name, etc. to appear as a user in Slack.

The Server Owner ribbon isn't currently available anymore.

18. Thanks for the clarification Wulf. And that sucks. Its kinda cool looking.

19. would it be possible to have this work with Discord too??? Discord | Oxide