1. I am looking for a simple mute plugin without having to use BetterChat but the same functionality.

2. I think it's probably easier for @LaserHydra to add that functionality to his BetterChat Mute plugin.

If he doesn't I'll be happy to give it a shot or maintain EasyMute

3. Yeah it would be great to have the Mute plugin as a standalone without any dependencies.

4. Problem with a standalone plugin is, is that some simpletons will install it thinking it's compatible with BetterChat etc. That's why an addition to BetterChat Mute would most likely be the better option.

However, I just asked @Wulf for access to this plugin here: http://oxidemod.org/threads/easymute-unmaintained.8261/ if I get my hands on it I'll port to universal and also fix the problems it had originally.

5. @Ideal @Ryan
    If I recall correctly, BetterChatMute should also work without BetterChat.
    Did you try that?

6. It wont as BetterChat is a Required Dependency

7. Yes I want BetterChatMute to run as a standalone plugin without BetterChat :) That would be great.

8. Yes it is listed as a required dependency but technically, it shouldn't be. @Ideal please try using BetterChatMute I think it should be working without BetterChat anyway.

9. Just checked script you are right betterchat not needed. Can you not edit it and change that to Optional