Rust Simple loot system

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by erevanuo, Feb 28, 2017.

1. I've looked at BetterLoot, LootConfig, and MagicLoot but it seems all three have individual aspects that I'd like, so here's hoping there's something that combines the three or is similar to what I'm looking for.
    • Configure individual drop rate and rarity (i.e. make gears drop more often but make laptops and CCTV cameras more rare)
    • Re-introduce supply signals in weapon crates and heli loot
    • Buff overall loot like GatherManager, making it drop slightly more overall
    Thank you so much everyone.

2. I recommend AlphaLoot for managing loot tables, but i think BetterLoot can do everything you listed

3. Thank you for the response. Problem with BetterLoot is that it's wildly overpopulated, even including items that don't exist or have no function. I spent about 15-20 minutes working with it and for a hobbyist private server, it's just an awful lot of work for one plugin. A lot of the information is vague as well but perhaps that's just me.

AlphaLoot looks fantastic but since this is just for a small community of friends and acquaintances, spending money on it seems a bit much.

4. Better Loot will do everything you need...

For the rarity of gear in the BetterLoot Config (in the Config folder) you can over ride the base rairity of items and this is wehere you can make gears and components more cvomming but make laptops and CCTV cameras more rare

You can put supply signals in the loot tables, go to data>betterloot and then loot table and heli loot files an add supply signals back in there.

Also in the better loot config file you can set the min and max amount of items that come out of barrels and boxes.

5. Are there any known vanilla configurations for BetterLoot that I can adjust to my liking? By default, the plugin has buffed everything to ridiculous levels. For example: I'm not interested in getting 40 items per crate, especially when those items are overwhelmingly junk or components (a complete change from the actual value of crates in vanilla). I'd just like to buff individual items (such as gears) and maybe increase how many items drop from certain sources, like crates, but maintain the same rarity level of those drops. Thanks.

6. Any time invested in a server is going to take laods of time. I've spent hours just perfecting some plugins configuration to how I want in my server with rigorous testing. My point, quality isn't done by speed. Perhaps you have the tools, I think what you're mainly asking is for someone to edit them for you.

7. I don't have an issue editing the plugin myself. I'd just prefer to edit everything with vanilla values in mind, which aren't available via the plugin or from any other source that I'm presently aware of. I don't want to keep the min/max at 3 and 6 when vanilla might just be 1 and 3, making it a huge difference. I don't want to have 10 of an item dropping when vanilla might just be 2 at most. It also doesn't appear to offer any way to change rarity value or a way to tell crates apart (like one guy mentioned in the support thread). For so many files it seems to lack in features. Obviously I'm new to it and perhaps I'm overlooking things, that's why I'm posting.

8. If you want a vanilla table to start from, go whack barrels for hours on a vanilla server and record your findings. No one is going to go out of their way to make a vanilla table for you (unless paid of course)

9. If I had known posting on this site would elicit passive-aggressive responses like yours, I wouldn't have bothered. At no point have I asked someone to create a separate plugin for me nor have I asked someone to create loot tables. I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth.

I asked for input on a plugin that fits what I'm looking for and I mentioned interest in predefined configurations for BetterLoot that others may have already released. What part of that indicates that I am asking someone to "go out of their way to make a vanilla table" for me?

No need for a response. I'd hate for you to "go out of your way" to not be a pompous jackass in future responses. Thanks.

10. ;) just giving you the straight up hard facts