Solved Setting server as Community?

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by SAH138, May 25, 2017.

1. Hey

Im wanting to get Oxide on my server but I don't want it to be listed under modded in the server lists. I'm not wanting to change anything In-game, in other words I am keeping it Vanilla. I would like to add a Skip que and maybe Rust IO Map plugin.

Any Help / Suggestions is appreciated.

Thank You.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Rust:IO is not something that Facepunch likes under Community that I am aware of, so you'd potentially risk being blacklisted if they decided to.

3. Ok Thanks for letting me know will definitely not put that in. Do you know anything about Unflagging Oxide or Removing server from Modded to community ?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's available under the oxide/oxide.config.json file; just set Modded to false and restart the server.

Just keep in mind that being under Community would mean visually appearing as vanilla as well as no game mechanic changes such as custom loot, kits, custom GUI, etc.

5. Legend. Much love xoxo

I just re-read your reply, All I'm wanting to do is add a Skip Que thing so people can donate to skip the Que ? Know anything about it ?

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2017
  6. I get the feeling I've seen that mentioned somewhere before and it was also something FacePunch aren't too happy about.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Rust has a native skip queue now where you can add a Steam ID, so using a plugin wouldn't be much different. There's a plugin in the plugins section.

8. Definitely not something they are unhappy about then :)

9. Code:
    {
      "Options": {
        "Modded": false,
        "DefaultGroups": {
          "Players": "default",
          "Administrators": "admin"
        }
      },
      "OxideConsole": {
        "Enabled": true,
        "MinimalistMode": true,
        "ShowStatusBar": true,
        "ShowStacktraces": true
      },
      "OxideRcon": {
        "Enabled": false,
        "Port": 25580,
        "Password": "",
        "ChatPrefix": "[Server Console]"
      }
    }
    Still shows my server as modded after re-start. What am I missing?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's all that is needed, just make sure you're modifying the file in the right location. The default location is oxide/oxide.config.json unless you've changed where the Oxide files are stored with the +oxide.directory startup argument. Did you restart your client?