1. Hi @Wulf

I have a problem with my server when I install the plugins on my server the server itself won't show up in the game rust! how do I solve this problem?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If plugins aren't loading then it sounds like the plugins are either not being put in the right location or Oxide isn't installed. Check that "version" or "oxide.version" command to verify Oxide is installed, and make sure you are installing the plugins where the oxide directory is.

3. oxide is update to last version and here is where i place my plugins @Wulf

flm.png
    oxid.png

pl.png modm.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    ---7vHpdTRKADuFFWbwD0w.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017
  4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Looks like it's fine then. Plugins aren't at all related to your server being listed or not; and the only thing Oxide does is added the "modded" tag that Rust uses to list it under Modded section if you have that enabled in the config, otherwise it's entirely unrelated. If your server isn't listing, that's an issue with your network setup, server setup, or your Rust client.

5. Hi @Wulf

im hosting from host havoc I have a command line only that is only host name, map name, map size, server description, server url, recon password, and some other default settings I have send your message to the support team of host havoc with the hope the can solve it i want to thank you for your support
    [DOUBLEPOST=1497302281][/DOUBLEPOST]i do have one plugin in need some help with as well its about the Gather Manager for Rust | Oxide if you have some time the help me that will by create? :)

6. @Wulf

my host company tells me that the problem is on oxide itself can you help me out here Screenshot_6.png

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It looks like your host misunderstands how it works then, as plugins have nothing to do with your server being listed or not and Oxide being installed doesn't change your server being listed or not like I stated previously.

What server listing comes down to:
    • Your server being fully started and online
    • Your server having its main port accessible and queryable by Steam
    • Your client being able to access and query the latest listings from Steam
    Rust's servers are categorized on your client based on something called Steam tags. When Oxide is not installed, you have various tags that add various specs such as player count and such. When you install Oxide, it adds the "oxide" and the "modded" tag, which the "modded" tag is what Rust uses to list your server under the Modded section. Aside from that, there is nothing that is changed with Oxide and the same for plugins.

The only plugin that could potentially be changing it if you are running a sketchy plugin that fakes online player counts or messing with other Steam tags, but unlikely and you'd know if you installed one of those.