1. DTL

DTL

Hello, my name is Dom, I've had a server up and running for a week, an update came in not long ago and I went to reinstall the server files and oxide, made a batch file which has my juicy good, like RCON and IP stuff, But I loaded up the standard dedicated to load up the compiler and my server says it is not updated,

1. SteamCMD - login anonymous - force_install_dir <location of the folder> - app_update 258550 - app_update 258550 validate

2. Install the Oxide.zip - extract contents to the server folder

3. Run RustDedicated.exe - add my plugins from my original server to the new one (C&P)

4. Load the .bat file - server starts - says it's running - Disconnected (Wrong Connection Protocol: Server Update Required)

I've tried looking up this issue but couldn't find anything, any help?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Does the server start before you install Oxide and have the same update required message?

3. try this at the end as you seem to be running the app update twice
    app_update 258550 validate +quit

4. DTL

DTL

The server does start without oxide, so yes
    [DOUBLEPOST=1495829784][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hi, yes, at this moment i upload this i have placed my steamcmd folder into my rust server's folder, to see if this helps, it seems to be doing something when i placed that string of code you asked me to place in, maybe just fixed it, not sure, its on 3.56%

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What is the version that shows when it is running without Oxide and what is the version after you installed Oxide?

6. DTL

DTL

well, theres 2, the server wants me to be on the one below the latest as my profile is on the latest, something like 1988, other than 1987?

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you copy/paste the results of the version command from each instance please?

8. DTL

DTL

sorry, I have already begun re-installing it, but will reply what has happened next, sorry
    [DOUBLEPOST=1495831801][/DOUBLEPOST]
    it still does not want to work after moving steamcmd into the rust folder, it is inside D:\rust\steamcmd - so a folder inside a folder, also I do not know what you mean, could you explain?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You said that the server is starting, just the version is wrong. The 'version' command you can enter in your server's console or RCON and get a reply with version information.

10. DTL

DTL

Ahh, right, i found it:

Protocol: 1987.144.1
    Build Date: 05/25/2017 19:37:00
    Unity Version: 5.6.0f3
    Changeset: 20776
    Branch: main
    Oxide Version: 2.0.3283

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

And that is before or after installing Oxide?

12. DTL

DTL

after the install

13. I have the same exact issue and I can't find the cause. :(

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

1988 should be the protocol before and after install; so if it was 1988 before and not after, then that means you're somehow using an old Oxide build.

15. DTL

DTL

anyway i can get it, as i have downloaded oxide not too long ago, about mid-day, then a couple hours after i wrote this?

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The Downloads tab at the top has the latest builds, all locations are updated with the 1988 compatible release.

If you'd like to try an alternate site (they're still the same builds), you can try one of them below:

17. I have the latest builds, I made sure: Gyazo - fc4774b8d6434aa1c6fa10cc8f2b64d8.png. Even when I boot to vanilla it's on an older version, there's something wrong with SteamCMD as I've run it over 20 times even with fresh files.

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I doubt your issue is the same thing exactly. :p

19. DTL

DTL

well, i have installed and replaced with the github files so hopefully, it should work, wulf, should i need to touch my SteamCMD again? or leave it be.

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

SteamCMD you'd need to use any time you want to update Rust, but you'd need to install Oxide after as it is a mod. If you're on the correct build now, then you shouldn't need to use SteamCMD again until Rust updates next.