1. Hey guys.

I have been hosting a few servers for a while now, and recently I bought a new VPS for a brand new server. I installed the server the same way I always do, also portforwarded it through the Server 2012 firewall.

Everything works fine, except it takes ages to find it in the community list and sometimes it doesn't even show up. The ping to the server is around 30ms-50ms (from the Netherlands to Germany) so that's pretty normal aswell.

Direct connect seems to work and the hardware (12gb ram) seems to do the job aswell. Does anyone know what causes this? If you wan't to test it for yourself; 5.189.162.50 and the hostname is [EU] Rustallion - Vanilla 1

2. Mine did the same thing with Host Havoc no idea why.. Took like 5 minutes to appear in the list.

3. Can someone pls help can't get my server to show up on server list saw someone had same problem followed directions to the t no luck opened port 28015 had server running overnight still won't show up

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I can take a little time for the Rust client to get update server listings. If players can connect to it remotely via the console, they should be able to see the server once available.

5. We had a similar problem and FINALLY found a solution. We were running the server on a virtual machine on our root. Someone smarter than me can explain WHY it doesn't work that way, all I can tell you is that once we got a seperate IP (different from the root) the server showed up and stayed listed.
    We are renting from hetzner and they offer additional IPs for 1€/month.

I can't guarantee you this works, but it sounds similar to our problem. If you want I can ask our IT guy to maybe explain it a bit more in detal.

6. i had this issue I found if you game it a name with no spaces ect it would show up added spaces then it wouldn't

7. Hey stalkvich that sounds good, didn't think about the ip yet and it sounds like a good solution. The situation at the moment is that it will pretty much always show up after a minute or so (long after all other servers have loaded), everyone can connect we even have a few players, but we can't even find the server on playrust.io. I'm not sure if I can (am allowed to) change the ip, since I'm not in a virtualbox but directly in the VPS. If the IT guy has any tips for me that would be awesome, for now i'm going to try to renew the ip and flush the dns.

8. @Tav Guard 1 is our IT guy, I will tell him to see if he can help you.

We had the same situation, connecting via console was no problem but the server was almost never listed, so it was always empty

9. Thank you verry much, I ordered a second ip and started working on a VM, hope it will be fixed before the force :D