1. I can't for the life of me figure it out... it all started when I tried to load the 2 vehicle mods currently in the workshop - cancellare and the tank by local legend Noviets.
    the server would not load with any combination of these mods included (neither 1 or both worked). so naturally, i removed the loadmod parameters from autoexec and restarted the server ,expecting it to function normally.
    it didn't.
    ever since i tried to load those mods, it's been doing this annoying eternal reboot cycle.
    i have tried:
    1. updating to overwrite any bad files, including reinstall oxide
    2. deleting the 'mods' folder in the game files
    3. deleting the whole damn thing , reinstall hurtworld to th same location, and then put the Oxide folder, the autoexec and the gamesave back in
    4. delete the oxide folder to see if it was caused by plugins
    5. checked linux permissions and ownership are the same as before

oddly, none of this worked. i expected #3 to work fully, but it didn't.
    i can't for the life of me figure out what the fuck is causing this now, i just have No idea. so i turn to you, oxide users, and the legend of wulf, incase you've experienced similar issues.
    it just doesn't make sense... the only thing that has persisted across 2 installs now is the Oxide folder, which contains nothing to do with the mods i tried to load that broke the server... :s
    oh and the gamesave and autoexec, but all 3 things are unchanged since the server worked fine.

the oxide logs show all the plugins loading, no errors, and then unloading. repeat infinitely.
    in top (linux task manager) it loads up, csharpcompiler appears briefly, then it disappears and repeats.
    the compiler logs similarly have no errors, only warnings, and repetition
    so yeah , sorry to write so much but i like to be thorough, really hope you can help cus i just have no more ideas and am getting annoyed xD
    thanks for reading
    <3

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I've not used any Workshop mods yet, but it sounds like the server isn't fully starting which is unlikely related to Oxide. Check your gamelog.txt in the server's root or Hurtworld_Data/output_log.txt for actual errors and likely the cause of it.

3. I had exactly the same problem, I installed some mods from Noviets and the server broke.
    The reason for this is because the mods from Noviets are not supporting Linux for some reason.
    The only thing that will fix this is to remove the mods, autosave and gamelog.
    This means that your save will be corrupted and the server needs to be forced wiped!
    I hope that @Noviets can fix this problem because it is not possible to load his mods on a Linux server.

One more thing, IF you install the mods from noviets on a windows server people with Linux and Mac are most likely not able to join your server.
    I hope this helped a bit...

4. The mods I made were created using the universal compiler within Unity and should be compatible with all platforms. The only thing that could have caused the issue is with the Hurtworld Unity Dev SDK

5. If you start using workshop mods you need to change the format of what is typically the first few lines of your autoexec. The only format that has worked for me for the first line is the following (for example)

-exec host 12871;queryport 12881;loadmod 12345;loadmod 12345;maxplayers 50;servername <color=#E85900>AZTEC WARFARE</color>3x/lowping/mets/clan/car/kit

Also several workshop mods CAN ONLY BE INSTALLED, UPDATED/MODIFIED, OR DELETED at the exact same time you wipe your server. Once the savestate has begun, in many cases, any change to the loaded assets will break the save permanently and cause a restart loop. And if you have a restart loop it usually means you either attempted to do this.... or that you did not reconfigure the first lines of your autoexec into the wrong format.

Not important but funny Note - I have noticed that in logs it detects "-exec" as an "unknown command" but without it it doesn't work at all. Try making sense of that! XD

Good luck :)

6. @Noviets I can't join servers with mods that you have made... it keeps crashing when trying to load mod. I am an mac user btw. Maybe you can take a look at that?

7. Why do you say "that you have made" ? When it says "loading mods" that has nothing to do with the oxide mods you see here. "Loading mods" is always workshop mods. Oxide mods do not require any load in process, as they are completely script-based. That means they only come into play AFTER you load into the server.... and do not require the loading of any in-game assets that are not already default.

Most workshop mods are not compatible cross-platform (ie for windows, mac, linex) most are only compatible with windows at the moment, so many using other OS will not be able to join those servers. For this reason I have currently removed all workshop mods from my server.

8. That's what I mean, the workshop mods...
    All the workshop mods that @Noviets has made are not cross platform. And I know this has nothing to do with the oxide mod, but the post itselve is about the workshop mods.

9. ahh I understand now. Sorry. What I was referring to is a common misconception so I just figured...

so anyway yeah I've stopped using them all until I see creators start specifying cross-compatibility in their descriptions.

10. I know that the wallpack mod, wood assets pack, statue pack and low poly pack are working cross platform...
    But the wallpack mod has an glitch that you can get into any Base.
    If you want I can explain that glitch on steam, I don't want everyone to know that (most people already know unfortunately.)

11. I had been using the wood assets, statue pack, and low poly pack together until last wipe. While some mac users could enter, some others could not. So there was something up with one of them. I just decided to wipe em all and wait a bit on it all.

12. Yust wait for our mods xD