1. Hi all! New to the forums, and enjoying my newly found time in Rust.

I recently resurrected an old laptop to good working order, and began hosting a server for the Twitch community I moderate for. It's been running quite well, with up to concurrent 22 players (so far), with minimal lag. RSM and Password have been exactly what I've wanted so far.

The problem I'm having is that this server is running over my wi-fi network, and I can't get the server to show up in the list if it the computer is on my ethernet connection. The computer has internet over the ethernet connection. I have set both the wi-fi and ethernet adapters on DHCP reservations so that they keep the same IP addresses on my router (.129 and .130 respectively). I do understand that the reservation only affects my local addresses, and does not change how the outside world sees that computer. That said, I noticed if I change the ethernet adapter to be .129, same as my wi-fi adapter, the server appears on the list. However, the computer has no internet access and the connection times out.

I admit that I am in a bit over my head here. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I have been scratching my head all day on this one. After scrolling around on the forums, I will double check to be sure my ethernet adapter drivers are updated, but I'm pretty sure they are. Anything else I could be missing?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2017
  2. Spend the $10 a month on a vps.

3. This seems to be a port forwarding issue. Make sure that external address in your router settings is forwarded to your local ip by a default port.