Server freezing

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by Togoshige, May 20, 2017.

1. You're right friend

But it is also a problem to rent a server and do not specify how much RAM you have, andiddos ......

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yeah, I'd assume 2-4gb unless specified; which isn't much for a popular Rust server.

3. So I do not know how to help you.....:(

pd: Wulf could you look at a post I wrote about Autoauth?

Thanks!

4. Since your plugins don't look like the issue you should probably contact your host and ask about CPU/Memory limits, they do state that they limit slot size on some of their game servers running on VDS/VPS but that doesn't include rust.

5. Reporting back,
    last freeze was 4-5 hours after Thursday's update May 25th,
    I removed ~10 plugins after that freeze to do another test,

Its now been almost 4 days since a freeze has occurred (the 10-12 freezes Ive had have occured within 2 hours to 3 day spans)

These are the plugins that recently got removed, I suspect one of them might be the culprit, but Im not for sure

AutoDoors.cs
    CCUpdateCheck.cs (Chaos Code)
    ChatHead.cs
    Clans.cs (Rust IO)
    InfoPanel.cs
    NoDecay.cs
    NoEscape.cs
    RulesGUI.cs
    ServerInfo.cs
    TreasureBox.cs (Chaos Code)

6. I am having the same issue starting the same time yours started. I started by removing mods like you have and finally got irratated and did a full wipe and reinstall of the server and then restored my map. I ran it in Vanilla for a couple days fine and added back a much pared down mod list. It is still freezing. From the list of mods you removed that finally stopped it I am running InfoPanel.cs, ServerInfo.cs, and Clans.cs So those will the be ones I'll remove next.

7. oOooOoO this helps me a lot! :) whew, glad Im not the only one!

Its been 5 1/2 days now with no freeze on my server,
    so Im fairly confident its one of those 10 plugins above,
    and now your feedback potentially narrows it down to 3 :)

8. If I had to guess I would get Infopanel as it was the last one I added. I am removing it now to see if the server stays stable, I will update in a day or two and let you know what happens.

9. Im suprised this hasnt affected more people? These have over 5k+ downloads each.
    Who knows if some less used config setting is taking us down a less travelled buggy code path,
    or if something else is randomly conflicting.

My Config Files
    InfoPanel.json ----> TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free
    ServeInfo.json ----> TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

(Note: Ive since replaced Clans by Rust IO with ClansReborn by Fujikura on Chaos Code)

Yeah Id wait a good 3 days to be pretty confident, Look forward to hearing back your results!!!
    Once again, glad Im not crazy :) :D :p

10. Yeah I don't see anything that jumps out to me in either of those configs, and I found that ServerInfo just loads a default window if you have anything wrong in the config for what it's worth...

11. So InfoPanel isn't it still froze, removed ServerInfo and will update in a few days of it it freezes

12. So I noticed in the Devblog for update that there was a issue with servers freezing since the AI change something about holes in the navmesh allowing animals to get into places where they shouldn't and create an infinite loop. May be that none of the mods are to blame....

13. The freezing seems to have disappeared with the force wipe update, have a feeling it was not any of the mods as I have added all back and seems to be fine.

14. I havent had freezes either, and I added most of the plugins I pinpointed back

15. Devblog 162 - June 1st 2017 ---> Rust - devblog-162
    "Server Crashes
    ANDRÉ STRAUBMEIER
    We've been struggling with some server crashes and freezes ever since the new AI went live. The good news is we finally tracked down some situations where a corrupt navmesh would snap animals into infinity. We suspect that this was causing some servers to freeze. We'll keep an eye on server stability next week to make sure things are better now and to identify any remaining issues."