1. I have a small issue where my server description and header image randomly dissapears and If I resubmit them via console commands, and do server.witecfg etc. they work for a day or so, but then again they dissappear, even after I have re written them I am unable to actually locate the actual config file when looking for it with FTP, can you tell me where this file is now saved, all i can see is the old one in the old /server/experimental/cfg/serverauto.cfg and this dosnt contain any information about the description and header (even when they are working) so im assuming this is not the right one. any help on this would be appreciated.

2. the server.writecfg command has nothing to do with either of them as to the location of the things in question they are either in your bat file or if you put them in the cfg folder they should be in the server.cfg file not the serverauto.cfg

3. OK get that server.writecfg has nothing to do with this file, My server is hosted, I do have full ftp access, but no matter where I look I cant find either a .bat file or the server.cfg, can you point me in the right direction please?

4. You need to make the server.cfg file and place it into your cfg folder if you are still having problem I will help you over skype. You should also have a cpanel from your host and should be able to edit the bat file from that but would need to see it first to be sure

Use the one below if you want I added the oxide.directory in there for you just add what you want in a new line

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2017
  5. If any one of your admins uses RustAdmin tool or something and have a name/description/image then it'll overwrite the server.cfg and show whatever they have

6. Thaks for this, all sorted now, appreciate your time and help.