1. Hello, hello!

I wrote a batch script to automatize EVERYTHING! (except for playing, you will have to do that yourselves.)
    It begins with a kill command, targeting RustDedicated.exe.
    BUT! before it does that, I want it to echo "server.save" to the console, so the server gets a chance to save itself, before being murdered.

what I tried uptil now:
    Code:
    echo server.save | RustDedicated.exe
    pause
    Sadly, it does not even recognize the "pause", so sadly, this one goes to my wall of fails.

I also tried
    Code:
    type save.txt | RustDedicated.exe
    pause
    (save.txt has "server.save" as content), it paused, but still did not save. :/

Now I have the feeling this script does not send anything to a running console, but tries to open a new process.

Does any of you recommend/suggest/advise anything else?

Yes, it has to be a .bat solution for now. :)

I already publicized two versions of this script before, I will release this, too, when I am completely done with it. I aim it to be userfriendly as much as possibru. If anyone of you studied Development and has a strong opinion on variable-names and how they should look, please send me a PM!

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's a separate program, so I don't think you can pipe to it like that.

3. Arrr. That's a pity. Thanks for your reply, though!

4. If you're using oxide, you can just have the batch create/copy a plugin into the plugin folder, have the plugin save on load, wait a few seconds, kill the process, delete the file

5. Oh! That's a nice idea. I will look into that. Thankyou!

Edit: I will mark this as solved. Feel free to add suggestions, anyways. If impossibru, send them via PM to me. Thanks, much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2017