Rust Security cameras

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by LoneSurvivor, Jan 23, 2017.

1. looking for a experienced Plugin dev that can make a unique Plugin for my server. I have a few ideas to set the server different from others but my main idea is security cameras for players bases. I think it can be done by the right dev. If you want please reach out to me and we'll talk more and I'll do my best for compensation for your time.

2. I know there are cameras but I dont think there is a way to get a "life feed". I thought about this a few times after having played Ark and theres a mod that allows just this. If you get this working send me a pm if you consider selling it or possibly spitting the cost on this plugin development.

3. I think it's a possible solution. You can spectate players. So if someone could spawn a fake player or invisible bot, and make their model be a scope(camera) and a player can shoot to place it or just /placecamera & /viewcamera. And it just spectate the player/bot with a view model of a scope

I'm not a dev so maybe that's impossible, but to me, my idea sounds like it makes since unless an experienced dev tells me otherwise. I'd really like to work with someone on this.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That should be possible, but it'd only be viewable as long as you are actually connected to the server.

5. it would be possible yes
    as for a live feed that you could see outside the game, ofc not, and as for live monitors that show areas, also no possible.
    But a button that lets you go threw cameras placed in your house, it would be possible yes

6. Yes of course. I entended on having players use it when they're out from their base. Ex: roaming, farming, or even raiding someone but just wants to check in
    [DOUBLEPOST=1485233384][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That's what i mean! Can you direct me to someone who can make this happen?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1485233740][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It would also be a cool way to see where players are/go outside your base so you can better assess the situation if people come up to your base (assuming they don't destroy your cameras that should have like player health, 100-200hp for example. Again, I don't know too much of what I'm talking about but I'm just looking for a person that can make it happen. If you know or hear about anyone interested shoot me their way. Thanks!

7. Still looking for a dev capable of doing this.

8. Still on the hunt for someone who has the capabilities to do this. Willing to work something out.

9. Yupp, that's my video. That was in the early stages before the camera model was in the game though

10. @LoneSurvivor try to contact @Absolut he has very nice plugin collection he should be able to help you have a look at his Remote turret plugin that's similar to what you request

11. Sadly, Remote Turret isn't mine, and although I am sure I could figure this out I currently don't have the code. It would take time to figure out.. IM JUST SLAMMED right now. Sorry mate!

12. I actually had a Security Cameras plugin made. sadly it kinda died after not being updated from an update breaking it (slightly).
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493173912][/DOUBLEPOST]
    that video was taken by me (before the cctv camera entity was in the game) now it's finished but it has giant red text appear on the screen when viewing the cameras

13. @LoneSurvivor it could be very nice plugin in game :) Will wait for it

@Absolut no worries we all know how hard it is with FP monthly updates

14. I was working on this a little while ago for arena-specate.
    I also considered allowing privileged players to have one camera for their base.
    Video Here.

My intention was to make it that any deployable could serve as a camera. Admin looks at the deployable and types /cctv add,
    then that entity goes into the cctv loop.
    In the video I just used sleeping bags for testing.

Pressing whatever key cycles through cameras. Pressing numbers jumps to that camera.

I had two main issues. One was that I was putting the viewer in spectate so space bar allowed him/her to break out and view other players on the server.
    Re-binding space bar didn't work so I guess there's something client side that I can't override?

The other I've literally forgotten in the space of time it took to write this post.

I played with the camera world model but didn't really get anywhere. I could 'summon' it, but couldn't work out how to place it properly.

15. I actually have a 'completed' version of security cameras i'd love to have updated, especially with that UI you have while viewing them! the only issues my has is that when a player their private camera big string of red text appears on screen