1. I am no unity engine professional, so i was wondering if anyone would know how to make this better. Pretty much i was able to create a camera and then take the image the camera sees then put it on a sign, but as you can see it is only rendering the void maybe there is a way to enable layers or something that the camera is missing.

Left is night, right is day. (to show that it is the sky/void)
    [​IMG]UPDATE 1: I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT THE FIRST IMAGE ON SERVER RESTART DID THIS I MIGHT BE CLOSE!
    [​IMG]
    Update 2: I got it to render the terrain
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  2. Awesome idea, hope you figure it out.

3. So far i've had not much luck, but i was able to get it working while also having -batchmode on, but -nographics still has to be off though i found no performance dip so that shouldn't matter as long as anyone who makes the plugin doesn't make the server render more than one frame every so often.

4. I see you are trying to make the base stealth I done that long ago myself and it does take a long time to take a picture of the back side of the base then put the picture on the opposite side

5. That's not my goal at all lol, but that is funny. i was just testing it ontop of something. This though can be used for many things if it gets working. Portals that you can see whats on the other side, security cameras. I didn't take a picture of myself i typed a command and it generated the picture it took about 150ms to generate a 512x512 picture.

6. I see I thought you where making a stealth base when I made mine on the water you had to be close to see it

7. Yeah from my testing it can only be done on a windows server i just tried on my linux machine and it made a white picture. If anyone wants the code to this message me. I'm not going to pursue this due to it being limited on what OS runs it.

8. I'd be interested in having a look just out of curiosity.

9. me too :)

10. Code still up for grabs. I like what you did I want to see if I can expand on it