1. There absolutely needs to be a way to save all buildings built on your map during an update since they're updating the game so frequently. There is a new dungeon update but Im not erasing everyone's buildings on my server just to get it....a mod to make sure these things are placed back would be great. Also so for those suggesting the copy/paste mod...i dont think that works for a structure like my skyscraper 8x8x30. Thanks.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1449233944][/DOUBLEPOST]I also found inventory guardian, so that solves the inventory part. now who can make a building guardian? why is it so difficult to save buildings upon wipes?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can use the Copy/Paste plugin, but trying to save every building when the map generation protocol may change is difficult.

3. You could probably go from Copy/Paste and create a save of all structures using the same methods quite easily. That said, like Wulf said, most forced wipes come with slight to major changes in map generation so the map can be totally different after a wipe even if it's using the same seed, from landmass shape to elevations, river and rock placement, even rad towns, roads and mountains can move around when they change the code.

The wipe we just had is a good example of this, a same seed generates a totally different map now than before the wipe.

So even if you did save/reload all buildings, it would probably be terrible, you'd have bases in rad towns, floating bases, bases underground, bases in water, etc. You could of course make up a bunch of rules in the paste part to adjust elevation, move buildings away from rad towns / rocks, etc. but ultimately you're definitely swimming against a very strong current with this idea.

4. maps are different, trying to spawn them back would just put them in the air XD

5. ok thanks for the info. Maybe if the devs would just stick to the maps they have then this would be easier, with the latest release im fine with the map staying as it is for the rest of the game, maybe just with an option to change it if you ever wanted to.

6. Sometimes a wipe is good anyway to make Place for New things.. New stories to develop etc.

7. Well. it could be saved until the next procgen update.

8. Well you can't stick with the map you have because Garry decided that sand biomes were too lonely. So... bye map bye buildings

9. Good, but where the data is stored on the buildings stored using Cops / Paste?

10. are Json files
    under the directory /copypaste on /data

11. Thank you!

12. This plugin is able to load older map saves into a map with newer protocol >> SaveMyMap for Rust | Oxide
    But with procgen-changes it could happen that the buildings don't fit anymore to the terrain.