1. Hello everyone!

I've been trying to create a modded server for rust for me an my mates but Trend Micro said that it found a virus in which it has blocked, it said it found the virus in the rustdedicated.exe. The threat that Trend Micro found is called "HEU_AEGISCS986", I have look it up on the internet and have not found any related discussions or threads. I cannot run the server without the exe, could someone please help me. ddddddd.PNG

Threat: HEU_AEGISCS986
    Source: Threat
    Affected Files: C:\rustserver\RustDedicated.exe
    Response: Removed
    Detected By: Real Time Scan

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you download Rust Dedicated from Steam or a random site? If from Steam, then you'd need to report it through the proper channels as it's most likely a false positive. Oxide doesn't do anything to that file, so this isn't really the place to report it.

3. What antivirus program found it?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Trend Micro according to the image.

5. pdr

pdr

Ffs, rly? When do u guys going to stop using shit like anti-virus software, and start using ur head like protection from all computer threats? Also - like Wulf said - u should download server files only through steamcmd, so u could stay calm.

6. The anti virus I use is the best. There is nothing else around that stops threads from viruses, so what do you use?

7. pdr

pdr

I use my brain, this av soft protect me from downloading and launching dangerous files.

8. You may be self-aware to download from "trusted" locations such as the official websites but what happens when hackers gain access to the download server of that "trusted" site and you then download something that is bundled with malware? You probably wouldn't even notice it and that is why anti-malware software are good as they can detect the malware that is bundled with the program.

But you do have a point as you're a lot less likely to get malware with no anti-malware software installed if you use your brain before downloading random shit.

9. That made me laugh do you really think it will protect you because it wont

10. pdr

pdr

No need to talk rude words, btw i never got any malware soft xD U can think it's luck.