1. Hello!

I'm just reaching out to see if anyone has an idea on a resolution to a problem I have recently found with my Rust servers - modded and not modded.

The issue:
    • Server on startup uses 600-700% CPU (forcing a Linux dedicated server to go into 10.3 load)
    • Server with CPU restricted to 100% takes 15 minutes to generate the Navmesh Build
    • Server without CPU restricted takes 85 seconds to generate the Navmesh Build
    • Server on idle uses 100-150% CPU which makes the server run at 3 load (with just 1 Rust server running)

I originally found this issue while running a Rust server on a VPS, and found that it would take 20 minutes to start. After finding the problem I tested it again by throwing one Rust server only a dedicated server running an i7 6700k processor (with nothing else running on the dedi) but these issues listed above are the stats from the dedicated node.

I have no clue why this would be happening, as it is even an issue with just a vanilla Rust server.

Any assistance with this would be highly appreciated. The hardware should be very good quality as it can normally run 12-15 GMod servers, but it can't even handle one empty Rust server without lagging to hell.

2. You can put the following in your start bat/sh file which should help with the CPU usage and times regarding startup.
    Code:
    +nav_disable true

3. Thanks for the help, it definitely helped! CPU is now 30% and startup does go past 70. One worry which I'm currently issued by is that the animals are quite often frozen with that command set, and it seems that a lot of others are reporting it too.

Is there a workaround which will still allow it to generate the nav for animals but not regenerate the nav on each start?

4. Not that I know of. That's the downside, most shared hosts force it off.

5. rust hates people using their own servers, so they are trying to get people off