1. Some mods are not function and causes lag maybe , i was trying to delete it by simply remove the "loadmod" from autoexec file , but seems not working well , any ideas ?

2. Remove "loadmod" from config it's a first step. Than you need to remove *.hwb autosaves(wipe).

3. Yeah i figured , its sucks , then i have to carry a useless mod thru my whole life , coz i cant wipe my server .....
    thanks by the way ,

4. Remove all mod content from world by hands, remove loadmod id from config and then try to load save with argument: forceload
    Forcing savegame load. CAUTION - THIS MAY CORRUPT SAVEGAMES. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

5. Without wiping your server you'll get pretty bad lag after about 4 weeks no matter what you do. That's why infini wipe servers aren't currently realistic, despite there is official infini wipe servers even those become bogged down with lag after a month or so.

But yeah there really is no safe way to remove a workshop mod without wiping.

6. Maybe someone will write a plugin or tool for that. I think it's possible, but i have no time for that right now.

7. One of th e reasons is when you remove a workshop mod you are also removing the assets (prefabs graphics etc) that the save state is relying on. The client downloads and matches these up when the client connects. Without the loadmod it no longer loads them, the server saves in this corrupt state, and it's pretty much a goner from that point. I can't say it's impossible for a mod to offset that.... But it seems to be something that would need changing in game design too.

I did attempt this a few times when I was planning a wipe anyway. What happens more times than not is certain objects (even non-mod) don't render, others don't have colliders and can be no clipped, and lag increases dramatically... Presumably due to all the errors and messed up colliders

8. I guess, the tool must delete all prefabs of that mod before remove mod id and then save a clean savefile. I would have done so, but i'm realy busy on this week...

9. Now if the workshop mod assets saved permanently to the computer's client, that would probably make it easier to simply remove mod usage at will. But that would mean users would have to go in and clean out old mod content themselves.... assuming a menu dedicated to mods wasn't added.

Definitely ways to fix it. But it's also possible the devs chose the best method to keep performance reasonable. Who knows.

10. I don't think so... No need to physically remove mod files in steam folders. Just need to remove references from savefile and autoexec.cfg on server-side.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2017