Rust Refreshing sign images

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by iShot, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Dear,

As part of the the player leaderboards (kills, deaths, wood gathered, etc) I'm currently coding for my server (example: Team Howl - Portal) I was thinking about the following. Having all the information I need on my webserver I could create a PHP script that makes a picture with the names of the leader of each category of stats. Something like:

- Top kills: PLAYERNAME
    - Top deaths: PLAYERNAME
    etc.

This picture would always be found under the same url (like http://th-uk.com/rust/img/leaderboard.png) and would be regenerated every 10-20 minutes (crontab, easy)

What I would like to do ingame is put up a picture frame and mark that picture frame to autorefresh the uploaded image every 30 minutes. This would give me the ability to keep an up-to-date leaderboard in a physical spot on my server (like a protected town).

Would this be possible and would anyone be interested in working with me on this?

With kind regards,

iShot

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2017
  2. That's some work I tell ya.

Edit:
    [DOUBLEPOST=1490665532][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually, Looks easiler than I thought after taking a look at Sign Artist for Rust | Oxide

3. I was contacted by a potential developer for this plugin but he didn't follow through with the communication.
    I'm still looking for someone interested on working on this with me!

EDIT: Scratch that, I've found someone who made the request!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2017