1. Alright, not really Oxide related, but hopefully it's okay.

I've been searching and I can't figure out how to grab the Console Output. I've worked with PHP a lot, and I've found RCON libraries that grab server information using Source, but I can't find anywhere that explains how you can grab the console output.

I'm sure it's blatantly obvious, but I can't find the answer. I'd love to make something like Rusty, setup in the browser, but just improved. Since Rusty and them are all rarely updated and don't even begin to take advantage of what can really be done.

If I can't figure this out, I'll just create a plugin that sends the data to my servers and call it a day :D

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

3. Well yeah, but there is a lot of missed potential there I think. I feel I could do it better, so I want to give it a try. I've never messed with RCON before, so that's my major hurtle. Once I get over that I'll have no problem.

Some ideas of what I'd like to do they don't.
    1. Do kind of what your updater plugin does, except in a web interface (with 1 click links that bring you straight to the download page)
    2. Allow you to have the console or chat output (or both) on 2 or more servers open at once. Allowing you to manage multiple servers more closely.
    3. A plethora of logging options with console history, filtering, etc.

And that's just random thoughts I've had over the last few days.

Edit: I'll also add I'd like to have an always connected options, where even if the page is closed, we are still connected to your server so we can act as a full logging solution as well. And we'll add in specific features to help log admin actions and such to help stop admin abuse.
    This would also of course, only support Vanilla or Oxide servers for now. Focusing on Oxide. ;)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436900641,1436883758][/DOUBLEPOST]Does no one have any ideas? I've found the old devblog entry about them adding SERVERDATA_CONSOLE_LOG to RCon.cs but I have no idea how to query it and receive data from it. An SERVERDATA_CONSOLE_LOG is not referenced anywhere else on the internet except copies of the devblog in various languages.

4. I have a RCON client for Rust legacy I wrote a while back, I don't even remember I think it's in Visual Basic but anyways, I used it to broadcast stuff on a vanilla server and do some other stuff. I found the base code for that by googling rcon client there's a ton of examples out there (Rust isn't the only game to use RCON I think the example I based mine on was for CS:GO?).

Rusty is extremely limited indeed, it's a shame it's been pretty much abandoned.

5. I spent about 6 hours googling and reading code yesterday. 95% of the projects didn't access the console in any way. 3% just assessed FTP to read log files live (lul). I found 2 programs that might be useful. The one Norn suggested, but it's in C# and not sure it will translate to PHP very well. And one made in PHP that seems really promising, but the code is so insanely dirty it's going to take me a while to figure out what the fuck it even does because apparently the creator didn't believe in styling or commenting because he wasn't loved as a child. -_-

6. I dug up the code if you want it you can have it.. It's all C# afterall... There is a library (I don't think I altered that) thats cs but it generates a .DLL I think, I assume you can use that with PHP. The rest of my code is a CS EXE but it's fairly simple it just uses the library to connect and do a bunch of stuff. It gave out starter kits to new players, I had a lottery and a bunch of other stuff on there. Call it a mod for a non-modded server :)

Ps: The DLL has the source code so I suppose you could translate it to PHP if needed. It's about 400 lines of code so nothing too extreme.

Ps2: I won't be in town until Saturday night so I'll get back to you then

7. Yeah I'd appreciate it. Something simplified might be easy enough for me to understand the general idea and port it over. I should probably make the site in something other than PHP but it's what I know best.

8. Let me know if you get stuck at any point, php is probably my strongest asset

9. I appreciate the offer, I'm proficient with PHP but this is new territory. I've been busy but hopefully I can play with this a bit before this weekend.

10. Here's the file. Like I said it was for Legacy but I have a feeling it's the same exact protocol so I assume this would work as-is to connect and get console messages at the very least. Good luck... There's passwords and stuff in there but no worries it's all very very outdated stuff.

Attached Files: