Rust Raid Life

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Miji, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Raiding is a fact of life in Rust, and everyone that moans about it should play on a PVE server. Now that I have offended many of you, how about my Plugin request.

I would like a plugin that each day will automatically Paste bases into un-populated areas of the map. As the server owner I would build a series of bases ranging from shit shacks to decent group bases. Using the copy paste plugin I should be able to save the base layouts etc (I'm unsure if it saves chest inventory or not). But what I want is a plugin that would select from this list of bases and add them to the map based on how far into the wipe we are (e.g. day 1 => shit shacks or small bases, day 3 => furnace bases, day 5 => clan bases) etc.

I would also like the plugin to be able to use HumanNPC to create "Players" and have them sleeping in the bases to make it look a more authentic offline raid.

I think this plugin would add A LOT of life to a server and would give people more motivation to play through the wipe rather then raid a few bases and move on. When I played solo, by the time i was ready to raid all the bases had already been cleaned out and people had moved on.
    This plugin would also have the added bonus of giving raiders more targets to minimise the chance of your base being offline raided :)

Cheers

P.s. An extension to this plugin would be that once a base has been added to the map, each day it has not been raided it could possibly level up e.g. a day1 shitshack could become a day2 smallbase, and eventually a day5 furnacebase. or perhaps the loot could level up etc. In short, it would be great to have simulated growth/life over time.

2. BTW Copy/Paste (at least the last version I used) copied the inventory of chests. I would also add the ability to randomize chest inventory because if not then long term players will know what bases to hit and where

3. Yes, I was thinking of having scale-able loot tables that depending on the type of building would some days be really good and some days crap. Fully randomised loot would be a red flag that this base was generated.
    What I would love to see is that bases added by this mod would nearly be indistinguishable from normal player bases.

All that said though, you are dead right. If there isn't enough randomisation then long term'ers will easily be able to avoid shit bases and only target the nicer loot.