1. Hello,

I'm new to Rust plugin development and would like to start doing some basic stuff with Python. Is it possible to import libraries into a Python IDE so I can view the contents and context of the libraries while writing scripts? I have seen a couple scripts which have 'import Rust', but I'm unable to use that within something like PyCharm or the Python interpreter.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can import Python modules and such, but there are some that aren't allowed. If you want to use non-system in an IDE, you'd need to have either the plugin in a location where those imports are, else have the imports where the plugin is though.

3. Thanks. I guess my question would be, where are the Oxide/Rust Python modules located? Is the Rust module not one which can be imported? I'm used to the modules existing as .py files, and I can copy them to the Python\Lib directory if I want them to available to my Python IDE.

4. We use IronPython where you are able to import .Net types/namespaces. So for these you have to use a decompiler and look into the game libraries for what you need. I don't know or used a python ide which can handle .net imports/assemblies or ironpython.