Not an Issue Plugins not working

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by Zolitaire, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Notifier (http://oxidemod.org/resources/notifier.797/) and Groups (http://oxidemod.org/threads/rotag-groups.6545/) seem to be broken and I can't figure out why, My current best guess is that Groups may be outdated with the current version of Oxide as it has not been updated in a month. But Notifier was updated recently and that still is not working for me.

The problem is that the server seems to act like plugins have not been installed e.g. things like "Unknown command" but I have not got any error messages from either plugin.

Any Suggestions/Fixes?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please check your logs for errors, warnings, etc. They can be found under server/identity/oxide/logs.

3. Ok So I looked in the oxide logs and these are the Errors I found relating to my problem.

Groups:

12:32 AM [Error] Failed to initialize plugin RotAG-Groups
    File: RotAG-Groups.lua Line: 84 Object reference not set to an instance of an object:
    at Oxide.Core.Configuration.DynamicConfigFile.GetEnumerator () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Lua.Utility.TableFromConfig (Oxide.Core.Configuration.DynamicConfigFile config, NLua.Lua lua) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Lua.Libraries.LuaDatafile.GetDataTable (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
    at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

And

Notifier:

12:32 AM [Info] Loaded plugin Notifier v2.5.2 by SkinN
    12:32 AM [Error] notifier: Failed to load config file (is the config file corrupt?) (After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'ADVERTS[1]', line 5, position 2.)
    12:32 AM [Error] Failed to initialize plugin notifier (KeyNotFoundException: SETTINGS)

I have uploaded the log encase it is needed.

Attached Files:

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The first error is a problem with that plugin, likely it's data file. I'd recommend posting in its support thread.

The second error is likely from a corrupt or outdated config file, so I'd recommend deleting its config and starting over.

If you have any further problems with either, please post in each plugin's individual thread. Thanks!