Request Plugin resource monitor

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Sans 2, May 3, 2016.

1. Have you ever thought about adding some sort of resource manager to oxide that shows the memory that each plugins is using in order to troubleshoot easier?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's been requested and discussed before, and it would be there if that was something that is possible. It's not really possible to track how much resources a plugin uses.

3. I would LOVE it if someone would create a performance monitoring mod.

The mod could (if possible):

1. record the overall memory usage at an interval
    2. record the memory usage 'per entity'
    3. record memory usage 'per player'
    4. record memory usage 'per mod'/'per program'
    5. record FPS and PING to say the google global servers (need a reference server to use)
    6. alert if the memory is going to exceed the allotted memory (you set limit) - allow for alerts to be public
    7. alert if the memory usage is climbing (you set %climb)- allow for alerts to be public
    8. set interval for all of the items above and below
    9. trigger recording the stats (if interval is not used OR infrequent) on something like a heli spawn
    10. graph the memory usage on screen
    11. attempt to calculate and determine the suspect mod (memory leakage alert)
    12. add a server.save interval BASED on memory usage so that they are more frequent when the memory usage is high
    13. create a priority listing for mods and unload them if the memory is climbing based on this listing, have an exception setting so some never unload.
    14. make all settings easily changed from a gui (where the graph could be too) so that you can allow moderators to manage it
    15. Set moderator privelages to enable / disable certain features
    16. Force a server.save and restart with warning interval if memory is getting close to a limit
    17. check and control this mod from a smartphone app OR desktop app (e.g. RustAdmin -- I am going to post this at RustAdmin too).

I cant think of anything else... :)

4. I think it would be nice it we had a mod that logs the memory usage of all loaded mods so that we can see which ones appear to have leaks AND we can see which ones are taking the largest memory.

5. That’s not possible. It’d require most likely an extension for one and I doubt the “memory” of each plugin is even able to be tracked.

If your server is struggling with a few plugins, upgrade it or go to a dedicated host. ;)

6. It would be possible if Facepunch got involved.... and I would think it is in there best interest to do so. Sorry cant afford dedicated server.

7. Facepunch wouldn’t be able to do anything as far as plugin memory tracking is involved.

Well that is your problem really isn’t it, not the plugins :) if you’re on a shitty 50 slot shared host what do you expect honestly. It probably couldn’t cope with 1 plugin.

8. I thought there used to be one similar, but I'm curious to know if it can be done, or done again.

I'm looking for a plugin that monitors the Memory Usage of each plugin in hopes of helping discover any memory leaks! Any ideas?

9. It would be awesome if we could get a plugin in that would help find the plugin giving off an error or that could detect memory leaks. It's probably a hard one, and a long shot, but still. It would be cool!