1. Hallo,
    Do anyone know if the Oxide RCON should replicate how Rust's built in WebSocket RCON works?

I'm building my RCON-tool from the ground up as we speak but it seams I get new console entries via the WebSocket but can't send any commands back over the WebSocket connection.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The Oxide RCON would be like the old Rust RCON, except with WebSockets. The new Rust RCON uses a different protocol. You can use any older (pre-Rust websockets) Rust RCON tool with the Oxide RCON enabled.

3. Oh.. I managed to connect with the WS protocol (using the port defined with +rcon.port) but the strange thing was I used the password set in oxide.config.json and not the one set with +rcon.password. Maybe a buggy thing where Rust WebRcon is not fully disabled if you enable Oxide RCON?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1507339230][/DOUBLEPOST]I see the commands sent from the RCON tool to the server are executed but don't reply back - ref. issue on GitHub RemoteConsole Oxide RCON not executing commands · Issue #1155 · OxideMod/Oxide · GitHub

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2017
  4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The +rcon.password should override what is set in the config, that's how the Oxide RCON gets the password.

It actually replies back just fine, you just need to print and not use arg.replyWith in our commands.

5. Okey.. so I found the file which handels the incoming messages, but some useful commands you can use to retrieve information is missing - such as `global.serverinfo`, `chat.tail` and `console.tail` (Oxide/RemoteConsole.cs at develop · OxideMod/Oxide · GitHub)

Is this something that will be added down the road?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Those are just hard-coded commands to handle replies to specific clients, regular commands still work fine. Those hard-coded commands will eventually be removed.