Request Oxide for Out of Reach

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by raz, Nov 9, 2015.

1. raz

raz

Out of Reach can be interesting, i'm bored by the new Rust the content becomes stupid and i hate metal and armored buildings. i want a real gameplay on a lost island. your work "oxide" for Rust is very interesting. i think you can make a great job on Out of Reach, it's a new game early acces but can be interesting if optimized.

i'm admin on servers Rust legacy and the new Rust.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Does the game have any sort of dedicated servers? From what I can see, it's an MMO.

3. raz

raz

hello, sorry i haven't seen, for the moment it's a mmo yes, they add the possibility to use a dedicated server later, this game is so fresh but he can be interesting with this ambience and boat and airplane, Rust after 2 years it's always the same game he is beautifull now nicely optimized but no vehicle, it's just pvp and raids with new tools but now i hate the gameplay, naked men vs castles armored this very not equilibrate, i've modified the gameplay with Oxide and some plugins but nobody join, everybody play vanilla or want minimum a gather x20 and we can find servers gather x100000, they want all now with tp system, for me it's stupid and it's not Rust.

thanks for your reply.

4. dedicated server support was just rolled out on linux. so lets hope there is a possibility in the near future!

5. It's some Java running crap using some server software called SmartFoxServer 2x
    SmartFoxServer: massive multiplayer game server for Flash, Unity, HTML5, iOS and Android games, MMO, virtual worlds and communities

It uses PG for DB and is generally a total nightmare. I couldn't even get the server to be found on the list. It connected to the DB and everything else and then just spams error text and then "WARN" of incoming random IP's from all over the world with some SFSWorker Errors.

The game seriously needs some form of Oxide type modding because it's a hackfest at the moment. To say how long this game has been out it's had little done to it. Bear in mind it's near a year old.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

We actually already support one game that uses SmartFoxServer, but it's on the bottom of the list as the game's devs abandoned it.

7. Out of Reach? Doesn't say anywhere they did?

If that's the case I know a fair few people who bought this recently who are going to rage :D

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, I'm saying there is another game we support already... that uses SmartFoxServer. Not talking about Out of Reach... :p

9. Aaaaha OK!

Any ideas with starting the server? Followed the guide to the letter but spammed like hell, and doesn't show on the list, even disabled server firewall to double check :( Riperoni.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I haven't even looked, didn't know they put the server out till now.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Since it's straight Java, it's unlikely that'd we'd be able to support it anytime soon. A bridge would have to be made since Oxide is C#, similar to what we are doing for Unreal/C++ games. It'd probably be easier to write or use an existing Java framework instead.

12. Nooo, I just mean getting the server to work in general, not oxide ^^

I don't think the game will last that long to be honest though. Less than 100 players online total. And most of those are Russian. :S

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I have no idea then, not really the topic of this thread. ;)

14. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2017
  15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Looks like they use the SmartFox server setup which is Java, but they include the Unity files as well which we should be able to mod. This is the same sort of setup that the Beasts of Prey game did, except likely not wrapped with the Boxed wrapper.