1. So, something is messed up.I just started a server again and I am facing a lot of issues with plugins I absolutely had no problem using in the past.

Kits - setting kit says "you can`t access this plugin"
    NoEscape - you don`t have permission for this
    DayVote - you don`t have a necessary permission for this
    Stack Size - you don`t have permission to use this command
    [DOUBLEPOST=1477333231][/DOUBLEPOST]Update:

Went through entire Oxide permissions thread.I added dayvote.use permission to default and myself as admin, but plugin still says I don`t have permissions to use it.

Thanks to whoever forced us to use these permissions, they have ultimately screwed modding landscape in Rust.

2. They haven't screwed anything, and in fact have actually improved it by not forcing us to use Rust's very limited default Mod/Owner groups.

Did you have any issues granting permissions to a group, or a user (yourself) or was it just with dayvote?

3. You can continue to call this an improvement, but what improvement are we on about when majority of people face more problems than they did before?

Whatever requires Oxide permissions simply does not work.I have added myself as owner through console, created admin group, added myself to it, granted plugins permissions to the group and myself as a user... nothing fixes it.It keeps bringing back same messages.

4. Then you are doing something wrong

5. Well... after adding permission for dayvote, this plugin has finally worked.Stacksize, kits and NoEscape are still generating same issue.
    There isn`t too much that I could screw up by creating admin group and adding myself to it/giving myself admin permissions, no ? If it fixed dayvote, it should have fixed stack too.

Stack says it automatically enables permission for admins.

6. admin group does not need to be made as its already made so not sure why you are trying to make it and once you are ownerid it will auto add you to the admin group

7. That was among last efforts I have made... "just in case"

8. People may face more issues because it's a more complex system, but, that does not render it a non-improvement. In your case, it seems as though you've done everything correctly, aside from creating the admin group which exists by default. Though I don't think that would cause any issues. It sounds as though something else has gone wrong that hasn't been noted here, or there is actually a bug either with Oxide's permissions, or the plugin(s).

You could try closing your server and deleting the Oxide group files, and starting all over, if you're convinced something is actually wrong with it.

9. Yeah, I am restarting whole procedure.I am gonna go step by step and that should help identify where the problem may be.I will report back regularly on this thread.

10. How are they a mistake? How would you set up donations, admin perms, kits, etc.?
    You may have to learn something, however if your server grows it's certainly worth it. Keep in mind you're insulting them in a forum the creators frequently browse.

11. Calytic

Calytic Community Admin Community Mod

Mmkay. The permissions/groups system in Oxide follows a pattern called "Access Control List" Access control list - Wikipedia.

This is a very common pattern in almost every aspect of software across a wide variety of domains.

I would suggest familiarizing yourself with programming patterns and system administration before making incendiary statements on a public forum filled with programmers. :)

12. Creators can be wrong too.I don`t see your point.None is immune to making mistakes.
    See, you have just asked how would I set kits, even tho I have been here in previous months and set it without issues.

@Calytic, go count how many people told you that auth level was better than this.Instead of feeling butthurt.

13. Calytic

Calytic Community Admin Community Mod

You silly troll.

14. You didn`t deserve better, to be honest.

What`s so hard to understand that not all people who come here are your age or they do same profession? Instead of offering solution, you are offering us a measurement of your ego.Keep it. ^^

15. I don't think he's trolling Calytic lol.

Learn to read, you're clearly not mature enough to manage a server.

16. Oh, give me a break, butthurt dudes... Just go to other sites and ask people what they think of the support you provide.They will often tell you "we end up leaving the site with more questions than answers".As far as I am concerned, just keep coming back and posting useless crap.

On a more relevant side, kits are now working.I repeated same procedure, so I am not sure where was the mistake last time.Kits are saved and redeem without an issue.Moving onto other plugins now.

17. Calytic gave you some very useful information. You think you will get help asking like that?

18. You two (if you were two, because you seem to be bothered too much for a neutral third reader) were told to keep it to yourself.Your help isn`t needed, thanks.

(lets see if this will do the thing)

19. The permission system was added over a year ago and was requested by a huge part of the community because the ownerid/moderatorid was (is?) a bit flawed where both owners and moderators would have the same permissions. Therefor the permissions system was added to allow server owners to diversify the permissions for players on their servers more and make sure moderators could not abuse certain commands.

The permission system is actually pretty easy to use, basically each plugin can register its own permissions if it wants certain commands to be only used when the user is allowed to use it (read: has the permission). The permission always varies per plugin and it is possible that a plugin requires or offers multiple permissions, these permissions should always start with the name of the plugin (shows a warning if this is not the case).

The permission system adds a few console commands and/or chat commands (depending on the game), the main two commands you will be using are `grant` and `revoke` which you use to give and take permissions to either a user or a group. KillParadise explained most of these commands in a post here: Using Oxide's permission system | Oxide

Keep in mind that when you are using the permission commands you will need to be flagged as owner when doing this in-game. Otherwise you can simply use the commands directly in the server console or RCON console.

20. Well, things are surprisingly going well now.Pretty sure I haven`t done anything wrong first time either.It will remain a mystery where was the mistake then? I don`t know.

I followed this last month, I followed it in first attempt tonight and I followed it again:
    Using Oxide's permission system | Oxide

Things that I am already used to, but does not hurt to read carefully every time to not screw up.However I can`t identify what did I do differently first and second time. (Stacks work too now)