1. Hi guys,

I'm not new on the forum, but not too active also. I don't even am sure if this section is the right place to talk about this...

Anyway, how I've knowledge in coding and I'm working with oxide plugins for sometime on my servers, I would like to start to create my own. Currently I can change some codes here and there just to translate the plugin to PT-BR in order to let my brazillian players know what they are doing without need to call an ADMIN from 30 to 30minutes...

Actually I'm willing to work with Oxide 2, since I've an Experimental server right now. And, I'm feeling sooo noobish in Plugin Coding that I don't know where to start!

I even tried this:
    http://wiki.rustoxide.com/Tutorials/BasicPlugin

But while hot loading the test.lua that I created and Version error was logged, then I changed the old version pattern to V( 0, 1 ), what solved the issue. So on, I tried to load again and got logged an error about oldTop, maybe 'cus I've copied the header from the tutorial?! So, I started from scratch and stoped with this:

Code:
    PLUGIN.Title = "Test"
    PLUGIN.Version = V(0, 0, 1)
    PLUGIN.Description = "Test script."
    PLUGIN.Author = "TheRotAG"function PLUGIN:Init()
      command.AddChatCommand("test", self.Object, "cmdTest")
    endfunction PLUGIN:cmdTest( player, cmd, args )
      rust.Notice( player, "Testing!" )
    end
    When hot loading the plugin again, oxide accept it! No errors! But when I got to try the /test in chat it ended with this log:

What I did wrong? Notice doesn't work anymore?

Thanks & Regards,
    Logan

2. That wiki refers to the old legacy version of Rust and Oxide (1.18). I've tried to keep the interface as similar as I could, but when you're making a whole new mod for a whole new game, things will change I'm afraid. The best source of documentation you have available to you is other developer's plugins, and if you're adventurous, grabbing DotPeek or .NET Reflector and browsing through the Rust Server source code.

3. hmm sure. gonna try one of these.

Maybe if we follow Reneb and start to take note of what we discover aside what he already did, we would update the wiki very soon.

In this case, since the Notice dont work anymore, I will try to use the simple chat text, but I don't know if its possible to mix it with strings, in the case, show the result of some string like "hitinfo.damageAmount".

4. i'll surely help with the wiki if you guys want :p

5. Surely WE WANT @Reneb but I think that if EVERYONE cooperate we can complete with good info in a faster way.

Could u give me some instructions in how to search for hooks and functions/strings used by rust, in order to fill a list quickly?

6. Thank you very much sir JJL!

7. Have a look at the code of my teleportation plugin, I commented almost everything so that should provide some insights as well. And as thomasfn said, get a program like DotPeek or .NET Reflector which allow you to browse the rust server code where you can get quite some functions from to use.

8. You TP plugin is being a great font of info for me already ;) tnx
    I'm surely going to take a look at DotPeek and Reflector. Just need sometime after my work.

9. http://www.telerik.com/products/decompiler.aspx
    Is also a good contender in that realm.