1. I'm going to try to write a function that lets us spawn items at certain intervalls inside a set radius. I'm a complete novice and probably won't do this on the first try, so anyone not learning from it or my mistakes - feel free to chip in!

I'm just going to use this thread as a sort of diary as I progress from literary 0% , and then hopefully an improved "quick-guide" or boiler item script if I manage to get something working.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1475350605][/DOUBLEPOST][​IMG]

Step 1.
    I find a text editor that I like to work with, it should open fast, simple and I want it to be a bit pretty. I need a nice readability and contrast. I landed on something called Atom for osx. Which has some backing from github and is free.

Next up I open the metorites plugin from Smeag, which seems to be pretty well written and has a lot of the same functions as I need - Basically only more, so I could in theory - and I have tried.. To just take out the things I don't need. Like the meteor, but I figured I'll have to start from scratch to succeed by understanding a bit of what I'm doing.
    I copy the first part of it, into a new document which I'm saving under a new name. Now I'll open a few tabs, try to get a grip about Classes in c# - and come back to it after I make any progress.

Code:
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Linq;
    using Oxide.Core;
    using Oxide.Core.Configuration;
    using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;
    using System;// Some sort of initial hookup of other scripts and systems above, left it intact from the donor scrpt..
    // General info about plugin below
    namespace Oxide.Plugins
    {
        [Info("Drillsite", "ztif", "0.1")]
        [Description("Rock eruptions occur at timed intervall - (earthquakes?!).")]//  Not sure how classes work. But I'll call this itemspawn_class
        public class itemspawn_class : HurtworldPlugin

{
        }
    }

2. Have been away for about a week, but figured I'd get back to this now.

Taking one step back, and forgetting about Hurtworld for a minute, I've managed to get a very unpolished script going that spawns a random item from a pre determined list of prefabs at a random location inside a given set of coordinates every five seconds/frames on a empty unity test project.

Code:
    //using System.Collections.Generic;
    //using System.Linq;
    //using Oxide.Core;
    //using Oxide.Core.Configuration;
    using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;
    using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;// Some sort of initial hookup of other scripts and systems above, left it intact from the donor scrpt..
    // General info about plugin below
    //namespace Oxide.Plugins
    //{
    //    [Info("Drillsite", "ztif", "0.1")]
    //    [Description("Rock eruptions occur at timed intervall - (earthquakes?!).")]//  Not sure how classes work. But I'll call this itemspawn_class
    //    public class itemspawn_class : HurtworldPlugin
    public class drillsite: MonoBehaviour {    List<GameObject> prefabList = new List<GameObject>();
            public GameObject Prefab1;
            public GameObject Prefab2;
            public GameObject Prefab3;    static int count = 0;
        static float lastTime = 0;
        public int showCount = 1;        public float MinX = -10;
            public float MaxX = 10;
            public float MinY = 0;
            public float MaxY = 1;
            public float MinZ = 0;
            public float MaxZ = 1;/*
            this.gameObject = Singleton<HNetworkManager>.Instance.NetInstantiate(
                uLink.NetworkPlayer.server,
                "WorldItemMeteor",
                Vector3.zero,
                Quaternion.Euler(0, 180, 0),
                GameManager.GetSceneTime());
                */
            void Start()
            {
                    lastTime = Time.time;
                    prefabList.Add(Prefab1);
                    prefabList.Add(Prefab2);
                    prefabList.Add(Prefab3);
                 ;        }        void Update()
        {
            if(count < 50)
            {            if (Time.time - lastTime > 5.0f)
                {
                    float x = UnityEngine.Random.Range(MinX,MaxX);
                    float y = UnityEngine.Random.Range(MinY,MaxY);
                    float z = UnityEngine.Random.Range(MinZ,MaxZ);                int prefabIndex = UnityEngine.Random.Range(0,3);            //    Instantiate(spawnObj, new Vector3(x,y,z), Quaternion.identity) as GameObject;
                    if(Prefab1 != null) Instantiate(prefabList[prefabIndex], new Vector3(x,y,z), Quaternion.Euler(x, y, z));
                //    if(prefabB != null) Instantiate(prefabB, new Vector3(x, y, z), Quaternion.Euler(x, y, z));
                    lastTime = Time.time;
                    count++;
                    showCount = count;
                }
            }
        }
    //    }
    }

The way I'm setting the coordinates should be changed into a set of coordinates and then just an option for range/diameter, this is a bit complicated. I'm also keen on the option of giving the items a force and movement, so they just don't appear and drop straight down.
    Then the next step will be to un-comment the header and translate it into something that would actually work trhough oxide and in the game

3. Your class needs to be named the same as the plugin. Notice how in Wulf's examples he calls it "EpicPlugin", both the class and plugin name are the same.

Code:
    namespace Oxide.Plugins
    {
    [Info("EpicPlugin", "Unknown", 0.1)]
    [Description("Makes epic stuff happen")]class EpicPlugin : HurtworldPlugin
    {
    // The rest of the code and magic
    }
    }
    Also, for your plugin to compile properly, you will need to remove some of your forward slashes at the top.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2016
  4. I would love to see more of this, I really want like to learn C# and I am a quick learner but someone has to show me why a setting should be that setting.
    So if possible please post more of this diary ;-)

5. I've been getting a lot closer to having a better grasp on Oxide / C# lately, and will continue this and post a working script soon. It's a shame no-one who is more of a coder than I, have taken time to post a bunch of these very useful snippets..

Thank you very much for your input Kappasaurus!

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There are a million snippets in the Plugins section. ;)