Rust Modular autoturret

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Rob Stark, May 16, 2017.

1. I saw a plugin that lets you configure alot of features of autoturrets. It didn't seem to be configurable for what I'm about to describe. What I would like to see in game, I was hoping that facepunch would add it when they put in the autoturret, But they didn't. Modularity.

I want the ability to use ANY gun. I know the viewmodel can't be changed but what about a plugin that lets a player combine an autoturret and a weapon of choice into an auto turret that accepts a different ammo, eg rockets. Also said turret would need to shoot that new ammo instead of 5.56 rounds.

It seems feasible, would anyone be interested in taking on the challenge. I would really love to have an auto turret that shoots rockets, or pistol ammo, or arrows for that matter.

2. That is the plugin I was looking at, it's a good place to start but doesn't allow for what I'm describing. If I were to set the autoturret to accept another ammo like rockets, then all autoturrets on the server would only work with rockets.

3. Allowing turrets to use rockets, or other sorts of ammo would have to be modified quite a bit. Im pretty sure the reg 5.56 is hard coded into auto turrets. So maybe you could like, spawn a rocket and face it towards where the turret is facing. Not sure tho.

4. @redBDGR OMG I soooooooo want that XD

5. Sexy af

6. Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2017
  7. Id love to see an Autoturret that shoots arrows every 3 seconds, would be great for my Primitive Server for base defense

Currently TurretConfig ----> TurretConfig for Rust | Oxide
    supports these ammo types:

ammo.pistol
    ammo.shotgun
    ammo.rifle.hv
    ammo.rifle.incendiary
    ammo.rifle.explosive
    ammo.pistol.hv
    ammo.pistol.fire