1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Moderators and owners/admins can do the exact same things in terms of Rust's own commands, but what they can do via plugins varies based on each plugin and how they have auth levels or permissions setup.

Pretty much every Rust command/setting available can be used by both.

2. So, for rust IN GAME commands any moderator, admin, owner can do the (right shift + L) i think it is, to fly, they could use the ingame console, to kick, ban and give players items? The only thing i am able to actually change is their specific permissions for each plug in?

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, they all have the same level of access despite the different names.

Plugins that use Oxide's permission system will give you the most control if you are looking to restrict user abilities.

4. Are there plug ins that allow restriction of flying, kicking, banning and giving players items?? essentially and in game F1 console so i don't have to give people full access?

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Flying no, that's not really something the server can control if you give those users access / auth to do so.

Kicking/banning/giving are available via plugins, but I think the only ones available still use the moderator/owner auth level system from Rust.

6. Ah, So as of right now. Its pretty much all or nothing?

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

8. Thank you very much.

This is off topic of this. but since your here.

Do you happen to know why my servers chat shows up blank unless a pop up from the "rules" plug in is in the current chat box? It only shows the most current typed message then once that fades away and you press enter all you can see are peoples avatars?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

http://oxidemod.org/threads/chat-disappearing-again.9785/

10. i cant use /give inside game but i can fly can you help me wulf

11. You won't be able to use "/give" unless you install a plugin that does so. See (Give for Rust Experimental | Oxide)

To give yourself stuff use either F1 > Item list or use Rusty RCON client. There's also a give command in console but I dont know it out of my head.

Edit: Console command is "inventory.giveto "player" "item" "amount"
    Example: inventory.giveto "BeefyBeast" "stones" "1000"

12. RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

So Mods have the same access to all of F1 as Ads. But can they make changes to the server configurations via console? I don't want my server getting borked because someone wanted to "try something out".

I have some overly dedicated players on my server are chill. And having a Mod or two would be nice. But all people are tempted to tinker. And I trust no one. Please excuse the question if it's been asked before. But I've been looking for the past half hour and can't find an answer. I'm probably using the wrong keywords or something.

13. Mods dont have access to f1 if you install RemoveAAA for Rust | Oxide
    Mods cant make any changes to the server unless they have access to the cpanel of your hosting

14. Thanks for your response. I'm still pretty fresh to this whole admin thing. And to be honest I've been spending most of my time studying Oxide since I discovered it. I think I need to balance things for a bit and get back to basic admin for a bit and just let my current plugins ride before I start adding more. But this plugin looks like just like the last thing to add to test out the prospective admins. Looks like it has all the options to "unlock" for them as they climb the ladder of trust.

15. I too was once like that, but with all the information that you read you can definitely restrict access for Moderators such as Noclip in buildings for moderators, no give items except cloth etc....but yes anything is possible except that the more plugins you install i guess the more headache for updating on your part to keep everything stable in your server. The life of an admin right?

16. I think keeping my moderators in line might be the biggest headache if they get out of hand lol. I keep the plugins on my server pretty minimal at the moment. A Vanilla Swirl if you will. Just enough mods to speed things along like crafting and smelting, a basic autokit, kits for the final week, Skins and a few for me such as CopyPaste and SignArtist. The biggest issue I'm having at the moment is the whole Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings thing since I have a hosted server. I'm going to try and see if I can get them to replace it for me since a few of my plugins are down.

As I said. I've been spending WAY more time with Oxide than I should vs. learning basic admin. Keeping up with the plugins is pretty easy so far. Not saying I understand the code. I have no idea what any of that is. But I can follow the directions well enough to figure out the config. But when it comes to really basic stuff like what can a moderator do... I had no idea. But now I do. Kinda gave me a reality check.

But yes. When I set up my moderators, I'm definitely putting some restrictions on them. I don't want everyone on the map running around with M2s full of explosive ammo and multiple stacks of C4.

17. Apart from the default rust commands each mod has their own set of permissions and some plugins like Removeaaa can stop rusts default permissions for mods and admins as well by making a new custom group, adding the permissions to that new group then yourself and only adding what permissions to the admin and mod group you want if you need to talk over anything I can do that over Skype

18. Thank you. I have the plugin downloaded. I've been reading over the permissions and configs before I upload it. I'm still the only one in charge of my server so I'm not in need of it yet. But this looks like the primary plugin I'll be using for when I add more bodies to the chain of command. If and most likely when I run into a bump I'll contact you if I can't figure it out.

19. You only need to add the first permission in the overview it will auto add everyone for you so in rcon copy and paste this
    oxide.grant group admin removeaaa.*