1. Good Night

I just give WIPE and update everything right.
    But when I put the Electronic Lock I get kicked out of the server
    And this error appears

Code:
    [02/23/2017 22:57:03] MissingFieldException: Field 'ProtoBuf.CodeLock.hasGuestCode' not found.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like you've got mixed versions of Rust files on your server. Shutdown, do a Steam update with the validate option, start and make sure it works, then re-install the latest Oxide build if you are using it.

3. Server isn't starting after update.

Here is what I get:
    Code:
    Starting server...
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Server Config Loaded
    Running server/RUST HANgOUT DEMO/cfg/users.cfg
    Generating terrain of size 3800 with seed 28012017
    Loading Oxide Core v2.0.3089...
    Loading extensions...
    Loaded extension CSharp v2.0.3089 by Oxide Team
    Loaded extension MySql v2.0.3089 by Oxide Team
    Loaded extension Python v2.0.3066 by Oxide Team
    Loaded extension SQLite v2.0.3089 by Oxide Team
    Loaded extension Unity v2.0.3089 by Oxide Team
    Loaded extension Rust v2.0.3089 by Oxide Team
    Loaded extension Rust:IO for Oxide v2.12.0 by playrust.io / dcode
    Using Covalence provider for game 'Rust'
    Cleanup file: C:\RustHangout\CSharpCompiler.exe
    Loading plugins...
    Loaded plugin Unity Core v2.0.3089 by Oxide Team
    Loaded plugin Rust v2.0.3089 by Oxide Team
    Loaded plugin Rust:IO for Oxide v2.12.0 by playrust.io / dcode
    Downloading CSharpCompiler.exe for .cs (C#) plugin compilation
    Download of CSharpCompiler.exe for completed successfully
    AlphaLoot, AutoDoors, Build, BuildingGrades, BuildingOwners, Clans, ColouredNames, CorpseDuration, CraftingController, DeathNotes, Economics, Friends, GatherManager, GUIShop, HomesGUI, InfoPanel, Kits, LockOnRockets, NightLantern, NoDecay, NoGiveNotices, Notifier, PlaneCrash, PlayerBlinder, PlayerChallenges, Prod, QuickSmelt, RemoverTool, Rename, Rewards, ServerInfo, SignArtist, SkinBox, StackSizeController, StartProtection, TeleportGUI, TimeOfDay, TurboGather, Vanish and WheresMyCorpse were compiled successfully in 2616ms
    Loaded plugin AlphaLoot v1.6.6 by Fujikura
    Loaded plugin AutoDoors v3.1.2 by Wulf/lukespragg
    Loaded plugin Build v1.1.7 by Reneb & NoGrod
    Loaded plugin Building Grades v0.3.7 by bawNg / Nogrod
    Loaded plugin Building Owners v3.0.2 by Reneb
    Loaded plugin Clans v1.7.2 by playrust.io / dcode
    Loaded plugin ColouredNames v1.2.0 by PsychoTea
    Loaded plugin Player corpse duration modifier v2.0.4 by Mughisi
    Loaded plugin Crafting Controller v2.4.6 by Mughisi
    Loaded plugin Death Notes v5.2.9 by LaserHydra
    Loaded plugin Economics v2.0.5 by Nogrod
    Loaded plugin Friends v2.0.0 by Nogrod
    Loaded plugin Gathering Manager v2.2.3 by Mughisi
    Loaded plugin GUIShop v1.4.2 by Nogrod / Reneb
    Loaded plugin HomesGUI v1.0.0 by PsychoTea
    Loaded plugin InfoPanel v0.9.5 by Ghosst / Nogrod
    Loaded plugin Kits v3.1.14 by Reneb
    Loaded plugin LockOnRockets v0.1.5 by k1lly0u
    Loaded plugin NightLantern v2.0.5 by k1lly0u
    Loaded plugin NoDecay v1.0.13 by Deicide666ra/Piarb
    Loaded plugin NoGiveNotices v0.1.0 by Wulf/lukespragg
    Loaded plugin Notifier v3.1.3 by SkinN
    Loaded plugin PlaneCrash v0.1.6 by k1lly0u
    Loaded plugin PlayerBlinder v1.0.1 by redBDGR
    Loaded plugin PlayerChallenges v2.0.8 by k1lly0u
    Loaded plugin Prod v2.2.5 by Reneb
    Loaded plugin QuickSmelt v1.2.1 by Wulf/lukespragg
    Loaded plugin RemoverTool v4.0.11 by Reneb
    Loaded plugin Rename v0.3.0 by Wulf/lukespragg
    Loaded plugin Rewards v1.3.7 by Tarek
    Loaded plugin ServerInfo v0.5.1 by Fujikura/baton
    Loaded plugin Sign Artist v0.3.2 by Bombardir
    Loaded plugin SkinBox v1.8.0 by Fujikura
    Loaded plugin Stack Size Controller v1.9.0 by Waizujin
    Loaded plugin StartProtection v2.0.1 by Norn / wazzzup
    Loaded plugin TeleportGUI v1.1.3 by PsychoTea
    Loaded plugin TimeOfDay v2.2.1 by Fujikura
    Loaded plugin TurboGather v1.1.6 by redBDGR
    Loaded plugin Vanish v0.3.5 by Wulf/lukespragg
    Loaded plugin Where's My Corpse v0.5.0 by LeoCurtss
    RCon Started on 28027
    [1.6s] Loading World
    [9.5s] Spawning World
    [0.8s] Terrain Mesh
    [1.1s] Wire Meshes
    [2.1s] Procedural Generation
    Destroyed 196 old entities
    Spawning 19673 entities
    Error loading save (server/RUST HANgOUT DEMO/proceduralmap.3800.28012017.141.sav): Field 'ProtoBuf.CodeLock.hasGuestCode' not found.
    Map Spawned 25703 entities
    Initializing 25507 entity links
    Initializing 1880 stability supports
    Initializing 1705 conditional models
    Any idea what I could do to fix?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check your RustDedicated_Data/output_log.txt for the actual error.

5. Maybe that's part of the issue? Not seeing out_log.txt in RustDedicated_Data

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It'd be there or where you have -logfile set to in your startup, which may point to your server root.

7. Code:
    Error loading save (server/RUST HANgOUT DEMO/proceduralmap.3800.28012017.141.sav): Field 'ProtoBuf.CodeLock.hasGuestCode' not found.
    Code:
      at Oxide.Plugins.HomesGUI+CooldownManager.TimerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (Filename:  Line: -1)
      at BuildingBlock.GetGrade (Enum iGrade) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at BuildingBlock.get_currentGrade () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at BuildingBlock.ChangeSkin () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at BuildingBlock.UpdateSkin (Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at SaveRestore.InitializeEntityConditionals () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Bootstrap+<StartServer>c__IteratorF.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (Filename:  Line: -1)

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

In the future, please use the 'Upload a File' button, don't paste the entire log. I edited your log down to the portions that are the issue.

Your main error is the one in the first code tag, which means your server is not fully updated and you likely mixed Rust versions by using and old Oxide build that contained old patched Rust DLLs. You'd need to shutdown the server, make sure your server is updated with Steam, then install the latest Oxide build.

Both of the last two errors are to do with plugins; HomesGUI and BuildingBlock, so I'd suggest reporting the errors to those authors.

9. Thank you Wulf. Sorry about pasting the log.

I just saved my map and map.sav and started over.

Everything loaded up fine after the rerunning the update.

10. Well I have the same problem but how you told him to fix it is not working.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1488138631][/DOUBLEPOST]@Wulf

Attached Files:

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The same answer will apply, your server is not fully updated and you likely mixed Rust versions by using and old Oxide build that contained old patched Rust DLLs. You'd need to shutdown the server, make sure your server is updated with Steam, then install the latest Oxide build. That's the only solution for it.

12. So i shut down the server and type in SteamCMD:
    login Anonymous
    force_install_dir C:\New Rust Server
    app_update 258550 validate
    Then I go to Oxide, Download the latest version
    Go to C:\Users\Repto5632\Desktop\servers\New Rust Server\steamapps\common\rust_dedicated
    Extract all files to that location and replace all files and then i'm good to go.
    @Wulf
    [DOUBLEPOST=1488140591][/DOUBLEPOST]Also do I need to delete the old Oxide folders
    I have 7 oxide folders

Attached Files:

13. I normally just set the server up in its own folder. I install Oxide straight into my server folder and overwrite the existing files. I believe where my error occurred was I had an old server folder where I keep it on my PC. Accidentally mixed up and updated the wrong folders.

I just backed up my map data files, and Oxide plugin data. Delted everything and placed them back in after a Fresh install. Just had to redo my permissions. Which to avoid that, you could back up the permissions file as well.

Going forward I deleted everything in that directory I didn't need so I could have it nice and organized.

14. So you basically wiped and then put the map and player data back in the folders
    [DOUBLEPOST=1488144870][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't really know how to wipe correctly and that is when it first messed up so can you explain how to wipe. There aren't any forums explaining it

15. im still pretty new at the home dedicated server myself. I've used hosted servers, But when I've wanted to wipe, I just removed the map files and restart the server.

There may be a better way, but I'm telling from a rookies point of view because I'm sure you want to get your server back up and running and just telling you the way I did it. I didn't just wipe. I backed up the map files and Oxide folder that had my plugins and config files, and .bat file, deleted the server off my hard drive entirely. Set it up from scratch using SteamCMD, and once I had everything back up and running with Oxide installed, I transferred the files back to where they belong in my server folder, restarted the server, and I was back up and running.

I had to redo ownerid, permissions for plugins, but like I said earlier, I maybe have been able to prevent redoing permissions by backing up my usergroups files.

Again there may be an easier way, but as a rookie to home dedicated, I was back up and running within 10 minutes and going forward my server drive is a lot more organized.

16. OK, that helps i was thinking about just completely restarting from scratch but saving the world and redoing the whole process will be much easier thanks for the help.

17. Well I re-downloaded the server files into a folder and after the installation was complete the only thing in the steamapps folder was
    Downloading, Temp, appmanifest_258550.acf, and libraryfolders.vdf

18. I wouldn't do it into the steam apps folder. I just made a separate folder on my empty ssd. If you don't have another hard drive, just do it on your C drive. Don't drill all the way down to your steamapps folder.

login anonymous
    force_install_dir "c:\rustserver\"
    app_update 258550
    quit

This will install it onto your C drives main directory

If you have another harddrive you want it on, then just put the drive letter you want it on in place of C