1. Turning around all forum, but really can't find answer for my question.
    I'm running rust server + oxide ( don't have any plugins yet )

All i want is, when update hits server automatically restarting and updating and also oxide mod automatically updating.. that's all, so i don't need to do anything when update comes out.

2. Something like that doesn't exist as of yet; however, you can make a .bat that can automatically update your Rust server, but you have to manually download Oxide itself as well.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There are a few solutions and scripts floating around, but I would advise against most of them as it's essentially blind updating and will lead to issues if they do not have any sort of proper version and compatibility checking.

4. Server Auto Restarter Usage:
    This file will auto restart the server in the event it crashes to the desktop, or when you type restart in console command window, or every 12 hours(43200 seconds)

With some editing this bat file will work with any game server...

1. Create a "server restarter.txt" file.
    2. Open it with notepad
    3. Paste below code

Code:
    @echo off
    cls
    :start
    cls
    echo Starting RUST Server... %time:~0,5% %date:~1%RustDedicated.exe -batchmode -nographics +server.ip 0.0.0.0 +server.port 11111 +rcon.port 11121 +rcon.ip 0.0.0.0 +rcon.password "changeme" +server.identity "serverprofile" +server.maxplayers 50 +server.hostname "[US] Grumpy ol' Bastards 25xGather" +server.level "Procedural Map" +server.tickrate 10 +server.seed 6738 +server.worldsize 4000 +server.saveinterval 300 +server.globalchat true +server.secure true +server.official true +server.description "Powered by Oxide"timeout /t 43200 >null
    taskkill /f /im RustDedicated.exe >nullgoto start
    4. Edit code for your server
    5. Save file.
    6. Rename "server restarter.txt" to "server restarter.bat"
    7. Copy, Paste "server restarter.bat" into folder with "RustDedicated.exe"
    8. Launch server with "server restarter.bat"
    9. Enjoy!

NOTE: Behind a router? Don't forget to port foward...

*Code by Hurkulez

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2017
  5. On Linux OS install LSGM ten add to cron ./rustserver update and ./rustserver mu

6. One Click Server Update

I created a 1 click bat file to update rust....
    rust_update.bat

Code:
    steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir "X:\rust server" +app_update 258550 +quit

Be sure to edit "+force_install_dir!" to your server root folder

Run bat file from steamcmd folder that contains the steamcmd.exe file...

Note: After every update reinstall OXIDE and RUSTIO

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2017
  7. H:\RustTurkiye.de\SteamCMD\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir H:\RustTurkiye.de\Sunucu +app_update 258550 +quit