--- layout: forums title: 'LustyMap | Page 207' breadcrumbs: - "Plugin Support": "/forums/plugin-support.31/" ---

LustyMap

In-game map and minimap GUI

Total Downloads: 50,502 - First Release: Sep 8, 2015 - Last Update: Dec 29, 2017

5/5, 163 likes
  1. @k1lly0u is there a way to fetch the image created by RustIO locally through the web server? This would fix a lot of the issues with Beancan, mean that the Map is always up to date and save on a lot of bandwidth. RustIO's maps are also quite accurate as well.

ie. Using http://YOUR-SERVER-IP:YOUR-SERVER-PORT, fetching the map from that and possibly compressing it for the client. Is this possible currently? :)

2. Still getting an RPC Error - using a map size 4500, does this cause issues?

3. All this error, and the map from the server, and beancan.io the developers of this plugin, you have 2 weeks do not answer and do not correct what to do with this plugin you can delete all of it will no longer work?

WE ARE ALL VERY TIRED !!!!!

MAP 6000

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2017
  4. This is exactly the problem I am having. I have temporarily removed LustyMap as a result. As any time I tried to load it, it booted EVERY SINGLE PLAYER out of the server. Still no response.

5. Yet solved the problem temporary removal plugin LustyMap ((((((((((((

6. Here is the fix I did. Can give more detail if people need it. Working great until they get it fixed.

If your server is running and you have the LustyMap installed and it is in the constant 10 second retry, unload it with oxide.unload LustyMap from your console or rcon console.

I went to playrust.io and did the generate map feature. Put in my seed and size. Generated the map and then downloaded it.

Now you could just take that image and put it in your oxide/data/LustyMap directory. But it will be off some. playrust.io adds a little key legend around the right and bottom. You want to crop that out. So in your favorite paint program, drag from top left of image to the bottom right that just clips in the grids, but leaves out the right and bottom columns with the 1->26 A->Z stuff. If you do it right it should be a 1000x1000 pixel image. If it is real close you should be fine (mine came out 999x999).

Now resize the image to 1440x1440

Upload that image to your server in the oxide/data/LustyMap folder.

Note the name. I called mine map.png

Then in your LustyMap.cfg just edit the CustomMap_Filename to be "map.png" (or whatever yours is named)

And also change CustomMap_Use to true

Load the plugin and you are good to go.

If you have any issue you can do the resetmap from the console and see if it fixes it.

Working great for me.

7. Thank you it was too big the size of the image you gave true 1440x1440 :) Although I work with any size ....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2017
  8. don't work still get dced

9. Not sure why you would be getting disconnected when the map is hosted on your server and not pulled from web.

I have done my changes on two different servers, and it worked fine on both. Sorry it didn't work for you.

10. changed seed size and map size now everything working withpout adding any settings

11. I fixed my "RPC Error in CL_ReceiveFilePNG" error by changing
    "ForceMapZoom": true,
    "UseComplexMap": true

Also using map of size 3000 (smaller) instead of 6000.

This fixed it for me. Hopefully works for you too.

12. I found the same fix as above, simply threw the playrust.io image into a photo editor and used the custom map feature...I thought I was a special snowflake and was coming here to let you guys know, haha. Regardless, that fix works and my map is now accurate again. Thank you for letting everyone know of a fix!

13. Thats does not work anymore. Dcode has stopped leeching the map image from the RustIO extension cause of other external services which used the RustIO-servers massively for map-generating.

14. Hey Fuji, i've seem to lost my icons after last nights patch. Everything else works as always. A few people can see them, but 70% don't see any icons on the map - no player icons, no monuments or anything. Map itself works though. I've tried to re upload all icons, reset the map and delete old data files without any luck. Got any ideas for solving this?
    Thanks

15. I had this too a short time.
    After installing K1ll's Storagecleaner, and running "resetmap" and "reload LustyMap", and a complete restart of my Client it was gone for me...also afterwards for all other clients who had that prob.

16. Would it work if it was stored locally though, so once it's generated it sits on the server until OnNewSave is activated? That way the local server provides all the bandwidth, but RustIO still gets brand recognition being on everyones Maps.

I'll see if I can message DCode though :)

17. Is there an option for a user to do something like /map minimap off ??
    I have a couple players that dont want the map, can they disable it themselves? I cant find a command if its there

18. whe can map set to aktiv ?

19. I registered my server on Beancan.io a few days ago and its still waiting approval. I dont remember it taking this long before.