Solved Live map / dynmap

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by speedyepo, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Hi ,i want a livemap plugin , gives that for exp ?

2. it's impossible to do that with lua. or at least i tried, but it uses way too much resources (75GB memory of ram minimum XD).
    if we want to do it we might need to make it in C#. So it might take a lot of time before someone makes it :p

3. So i went into a server today and saw that when you typed /map it gave you a reference as to where you were on the map .. and you could go to a web page and look where you were on the map.

Has anyone thought of doing this and have it link to a central map..... Hell ill host the Map on my server if needed

????

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Numerous map plugins existed for Legacy and one could be easily made for Experimental.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  5. Creating a plugin to do that isn't the problem, it's generating an image of the map :(

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Right, and dynamic maps makes it more difficult.

7. yeah we tried, in lua it's impossible to, only in C# it could be made.
    but i know i cant do it :p

8. You could try hiring somebody from ODesk to develop this for your server however it wouldn't be cheap. I was also toying with the ideas of a website "seed viewer" you can type a seed in and it will generate a preview of it. Hard to find a good map seed these days. I spent 2hrs of map generating to get a good one XD

9. Some sort of "seed viewer" would be an awesome tool Bl4d3z ;)

10. I stumbled across this seed a couple wipes ago and have stuck with it since then instead of changing every wipe like I used to because it's such an awesome map. server seed 5150 map size 6000 I posted some aerial shots of it in http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1442947 that thread.

11. Currently going for it (again). Able to generate a top down 2D map so far, for now looking like this:

[​IMG]

Edit: Added normals, smooth water borders and water depth.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
  12. omg man this is AMAYZING!

13. Could you please share this so i can make a 2d version of my map for my website?