Rust Kill cam

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Miji, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Is there anyway to force the camera of the player to detach from the body, travel a path then return to its normal functions/

What would be excellent was IF for a bolty with a certain skin, that if I got a headshot from more than 100m without scopes (or some criteria like that), the cam would zoom to watch the rag-doll effect of my victims lifeless corpse.

I have seen plugins in the past seemingly allowing the cam to detatch (raid cams etc).

If it is possible it would need to be limited to certain skins or activation from the player.

2. not sure if its actually possible, but a simple Fov shift could act as a "zoom".

3. While I get the idea, I dont see the FOV working over the distances I was hoping to achieve with this plugin idea (100m+), correct me if i'm wrong of course

4. well, a fov change is how they handle xoom in the game currently, including the 4x.

5. Really!? ok, I am impressed. In that case it would be perfect for completing this plugin.
    Forcing a rapid FOV change would not cause any kind of anti-hack issues (in theory), just hope it doesn't make people motion sick :p

6. afaik you can't just tell the client to increase its FOV ;)

7. it may not be, honestly, now that i think about it. its probably not. though, it would've been cool.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1501566524][/DOUBLEPOST]
    is it not possible to request the client change fov? i mean, we can change plenty of other player attributes. but, i am quite knew, so idk XD

8. facepunch decided to only whitelist a certain few client commands that the server can tell the client to execute (as this was previously being used maliciously in many ways) and afaik a command to change the FOV was not a command that was whitelisted

9. Makes sense - It would have been fun to setup a keyhole style door functionality as well that allows you to look through your door with a slight FOV tweek. oh well.

Still on the kill cam Idea, I have seen paid plugins that force 3rd person then seemingly attaches the camera to an auto turret etc. I wonder if this would be applicable here. I may need to buy one of those plugins, and see what is actually happening.

10. k1lly0u is good with spectate, might be worth contacting him if he has not already seen this