Reign of Kings Karma system

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Andrew D, May 9, 2015.

1. Was scrounging through the Rust plugins when I stumbled across a Karma mod. It had a Karma system based on player kills, and would automatically set titles based on positive/negative karma. It also showed KDR and such. Would be GREAT for RP servers, and still good for free for all slaughter servers.

I don't want to flood the forums with my requests, but there are so many great ideas out there that I'd like to see implemented. I love the base concept of KoS, but it needs much more to be popular. As you can see by the mere hundreds of players at any given time on the community servers.

This is where I found the idea:
    http://oxidemod.org/plugins/ranks-and-titles.830/

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  2. Something better like Karme should be if developers will make 3 Diff Looking Armours it will autoset on your KARMA:

When y are KOS you will get BANDIT Skins of all types of armour If you are Helping and Killing Bandits you will get GOLD shiny SKIN of Armours and NORMAL will be NORMAL

3. Still love the idea of a Karma system:
    Karma points based upon kills. Each tier represents a new negative or positive rank:
    -10 -6 -3 -1 0 1 3 6 10

As you kill more neutral or positive karma players, you lose karma points. When you lose enough points you hit tiered negative notoriety ranks (Remember Ultima Online? Who doesn't want to be a Dread Lord?!)

As you kill more negative karma players you gain more positive karma points. When you gain enough points you hit tiered positive fame ranks (again, Ultima Online, who doesn't want to be a Glorious Lord?!)

If you are killed by a player you lose 1 point of karma bringing you closer to neutral.

It would make keeping positive/negative titles exciting and challenging.

Scenario 1:
    1. Player A kills an innocent, giving him the first negative karma rank

2. Player B kills Player A. Player

3. Player B gains the first positive karma rank because Player A was flagged with a negative karma rank

4. Player A loses their negative karma point, returning them to neutral karma

Scenario 2:
    1.Player A has killed 5 players total, and is kill shy of earning the 3rd tier notoriety rank.

2. Player B is already a Glorious Lord, and takes no mercy on Player A.

3. Player B decapitates Player A, putting them 1 more point away from their next title goal.

3. Player A is VERY frustrated, and seeks revenge on the goody two shoes Player A and his STUPID Glorious Lord title!

I know the scenarios aren't very different, but they were fun to write.

4. I like this idea but players with negative karma should somehow suffer, in lineage 2 it was solved that a neutral players couldn't drop items at death and if they had loaded karma then at death they may drop some valuable items, even weapons or armor . Here, we can't block the drop of items for neutral players but you can think of similar system of penalties and rewards

5. Still wondering if this is possible.

6. Totally.
    I'm saying nothing more... :p

7. and what do you think about punishing players with negative karma by lowering their defense and attack?
    on RP servers I just dont like players that are running around and killing everything that is moving... but sometimes killing is ok so we should figure out how to decide when kill was ok and when wasn't... maybe if player 1 hits player 2, and player 2 hit players 1 back in a certain amount of time (30 seconds? 1 munute?) then killing each other doesn't give negative karma?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2015
  8. Seems WAY too intricate.

9. These are barely the basics of lineage 2 karma system ;)

10. Oh, because for a second i thought we were trying to add the in-depth karma system from a game with a totally different engine into a game that, by default, has NONE of that functionality. ;-)

I'd say the functionality probably isn't quite there yet for what you were conceptualizing. That's why my original request was more kill/title based. I know it can be done on RoK because it is already done on Rust. Two games that have the same engine.

11. and I asked someone who is a coder (Scorpyon ;)) about whether it is possible to punish player who have bad karma because it would be ideal for RP servers to eliminate KoS

in the end, it may be possible to verify that the attacked person gives a blow back and based on this judge whether to give karma to a killer or not

12. One step at a time there, boss. Perhaps we should see if a basic plugin can be made, then develop from there. REALLY jumping the gun on this one.

Just, nvm.
    Scorpyon, can you please make a plugin that has it so when a player farts it causes them to propel forward rapidly? They had that functionality in Boogerman for Sega Genesis, surely we can have it in a similar game like RoK.

13. Steady, lads...! ;-)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434547472][/DOUBLEPOST]In regards to your question though, Hexu - it is certainly possible.
    The difficult thing is in regards to how / when to punish. That's more of a game balance thing though.

Rather than making killers get weaker (making their gameplay harder to kill monsters, etc), it's probably better to raise the defences of the victim (or similarly raise their strength, etc).

Either way though, as Andrew says, it might be worth just getting the basic mechanics down first for titles, etc before diving too far into the more complicated intricacies of what does what. :D

14. I always wanted to do a system that imitates Lineage's PVP system in Rust.
    I dont know how it is in RoK but the problem with all these karma mods that kept me away from it in Rust always was the lack of possible visual difference.

15. This one might sound far-fetched, but is it possible to change the color of a player's name when they hit G?

Example: A player has a negative Karma title. When they hit G their name is in RED, indicating that they are a criminal.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434551654][/DOUBLEPOST]Not sure if that type of functionality even exists. I've never heard anyone talk about it for plugins on these forums.

16. Changing a player's name colour in Chat is easy-peasy.

On a separate note, what is 'G'?
    (Never played Lineage, etc)

17. Here's one that seems feasible. Tying the Karma system into the Economy system for penalties/bonuses. So negative Karma players will have to pay more on the Exchange, and vice versa for positive Karma players. Same with selling. Perhaps it gets better/worse the more your titles you gain in either direction.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434552709][/DOUBLEPOST]
    G in RoK is how you greet players. It makes you wave your hands around and displays your name and guild crest to everyone.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434552741][/DOUBLEPOST]The tough part would probably be getting the name to display red when hitting G.

18. Thats what I meant with lack of visual difference. For a system like Lineage's its absolut neccessary to have colored nameplates above the player models.

19. Ahhh right, I didn't realise you meant pressing the "G" key! Lol!

Yeah, changing the player's name colour over their heads is something I've been scrabbling around the source code for. Not sure if it's even possible at the moment.

Hmm - it might make more sense to tie it into the War Tracker rather than the exchange, as you'd need a way to determine whether players are at war.
    I would say that killing in a war shouldn't affect Karma since you are expected to fight to the death, etc.
    Karma should be reserved more for KoS type situations...?

20. That makes sense as well.

I was referencing the Exchange as far as penalties/benefits for various levels of Karma, since some interest was shown in making it mean more than just a title when you have positive/negative Karma. So perhaps different Karma titles will change prices on the Exchange by % as one idea. Just spit balling.