Rust Jail with bail

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Prouxx, Jan 18, 2015.

1. One of my favourite plugins from legacy was jail. Not that it's needed much, but sometimes players really need a timeout.

Anyways, it would be really super nice if you could 'post bail' or something to get out of jail.

But, what would be even better than that? If you get positive and negative 'karma' for certain actions For example, if you kill someone or destroy a house that doesn't belong to you (raiding) you get negative karma and if you are killing wildlife, collecting materials or just haven't killed anyone in an hour, you get positive karma. If you get enough positive karma you can get a 'get out of jail free card' (maybe) and, obviously, if you're a terrible person addicted to KOS, eventually you get autojailed for having super bad karma. Eventually it would be nice to have a police plugin to go along with this where 'police officers' have to go and kill the player before they get sent to jail but I feel that's a long way down the line.

I appreciate that the whole karma system is rather complicated. I'd be a very happy chap just with the good old jail system from legacy :D

2. I use Zone Manager, View Inventory and Portgun.

What I do is build a jail with multiple cells in a row with a corridoor far away where nothing is of interest, place large wooden storage boxes opposite each cell, use Admin "/tpsave jail" in the corridoor then go into each cell and record the locations of the cells, and add the zone when I am standing in the middle like this:

/zone_add "jail" "50" "You have been arrested, your belongings have been removed and will be returned upon your release. You will be released in XX" "default" -undestr -nobuild -notp -nokits -nosuicide -sleepgod

When I want to put someone into jail, I "/tpl jail" then use "/view <playername>", loot them of anything they can use to break the walls/door/floor/ceiling and anything they can use to craft such a tool, then I put it all in the large wooden storage box opposite their cell door.

After this, I use the Port-Gun command "/fw 60" and then teleport the player into the relevant cell "/tp <playername> x y z".

I know this looks lengthy, but this is how I do it, and it is all manual, it really doesn't take that long (to me). The worst part of it is having to use the Portgun plugin here as Zone Manager's -notp does not exclude Admin the way it does the -nobuild -undestr options. Maybe I should suggest it to Reneb to see if he can make these changes, if possible?

3. Well, like you said, it works. But, what happens if you forget to let the guy out? :D I feel like what you're doing is very much a workaround until there's an actual jail plugin. If no one makes anything soon, I might start following your formula :D Thanks